Any updates on the transition?

More
5 months 1 week ago #40743 by joeuser
My RedPocket FP CDMA $2.99 plan renewed today at 200min/500texts/200MB. I contacted tech support via chat and was told the 500MB offering was a mistake and the plan only has 200MB. I'm not happy about this since when FP had the plan it was 500MB for Sprint service.

There was just too many things stating 500mb for me to think it was an honest mistake. My receipt even shows 500MB. I guess grandfathering those in that signed up early as a good faith measure would bankrupt RP?

For those interested the Hello Mobile $5 500/500/500 plan with taxes included and the 2nd month free on Sprint might be a good plan. Hopefully those opting for Hello don't need to contact customer service for help, since that was a problem for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoadRanger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #40744 by KentE
This is not a good start for Red Pocket's 'friendlier' and 'more transparent' handling of FreedomPop.

This cannot be an issue that they were unaware of, since many folks got the first month's allotment adjusted to 500MB based on the site information and receipt.

When I went to renew my line a few days ago, the 500mb was also indicated in the pre-refill description, and still appears on the receipt. My line renewed at 500mb, and then was rolled back to 200mb sometime in the next 2 days

Honestly, I understand that mistakes can happen. But it's been an uncorrected mistake for over a month, which is not what one might expect from Red Pocket's management.

And this is another situation where communication is bad-- they obviously know my email address, and emailed a receipt. If it's a mistake, why don't they email that information as well, instead of leaving each individual to go through support?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoadRanger

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #41467 by RoadRanger
Pretty sure RP consists of one guy living/working in his mom's basement who spends more time smoking hippy lettuce than fixing that $3 plan LOL.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #41470 by mmfacemm
Well it is a $3 plan. Hardly priority I'm afraid.