Any updates on the transition?

More
1 week 6 days ago #40615 by joeuser
I, too initially had the wrong data amount of 200MB and had to get tech support to change it to 500MB. They should be able to fix it quickly, since it appears to be some issue with the plan setup at RP. Hopefully when my plan renews in 5 days, it'll be correct.

This could be a beta test for the GSM plans, to work out the kinks with less users from FP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoadRanger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #40683 by KentE

KentE wrote:
There's a one user on Reddit who has been told that the plan is only a 30-day introductory plan, and won't renew at the $3 rate.
www.reddit.com/r/freedompop/comments/cxbqqu/warning_fpting_people_who_moved_to_redpocket/
I haven't seen any confirmation elsewhere, or any reports of the plan renewal working as anticipated-- but the early sign-ups should be renewing their plans soon. )

An update on this earlier comment: My renewal date for the Freedompop/Red Pocket CDMA plan came up this weekend. It renewed with no problem at the original rate. ($2.99+tax) So, I think any worries about it being only a one-month introductory rate are unfounded.

Earlier, I had to chat with CS to get the data allotment corrected from 200mb to 500mb-- I"d seen, and shared, concerns that that might drop back to 200mb again at renewal. It did not, and stayed at 500mb.

More
1 week 2 days ago #40684 by RoadRanger
On my third try in chat to get the 500MB I was just told it was always 200 and that I'm SOL :-/ .

More
1 week 1 day ago #40685 by KentE

RoadRanger wrote: On my third try in chat to get the 500MB I was just told it was always 200 and that I'm SOL :-/ .

Did they ask you for an order #? They asked for this when I got mine corrected to 500mb, as the receipt clearly indicates 500mb... The receipt should have been emailed to you, and a CSR can look it up from the order #..

My experience with Red Pocket customer service is that they are frequently not familiar at all with new plans. Honestly, the data allotment has been unclear on this one from the start. The first description of the plan during signup does say 200mb. At least when I signed up, every mention after that initial view indicated 500mb. (Pre-puchase when selecting the plan, confirmation, and emailed receipt.)

More
1 week 1 day ago #40689 by RoadRanger
I sent them a copy of my receipt that clearly said 200/500/500 and they insist it was a mistake and that I'm S.O.L. Guess I'll give up after 4 chats :( . Too bad, just another BS cell company ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, realLexusl21

More
1 week 1 day ago #40690 by KentE

RoadRanger wrote: I sent them a copy of my receipt that clearly said 200/500/500 and they insist it was a mistake and that I'm S.O.L. Guess I'll give up after 4 chats :( . Too bad, just another BS cell company ...

d

If it's intended to have only 200mb, it seems that they could have fixed the pages/docs sometime during the 3 weeks between when I signed up, and you signed up, doesn't it? I was relatively early, so mistakes at that point were more understandable.

More
1 week 21 hours ago #40696 by FreedomPop

Frasier1 wrote: Well, I finally threw in the towel and canceled my last line with FreedomPop. I got tired of waiting for the 'Red Pocket' deal for GSM and was not happy that they gave a deal to cdma sprint customers (to lure them away from Ting) but not for the customers they 'bought' from FreedomPop. I still have FreeUP and Tello so I'm good to go....

Sorry to see you go! We understand if the wait was less than ideal, but we hope you'll come back and give us another shot.

We wanted to give an option as quickly as possible tor CDMA customers without a home, so we drafted a plan on Red Pocket for CDMA and left the current GSM offers intact.

While Red Pocket is working hard to add all networks to FreedomPop and Unreal Mobile, we were able to keep service for GSM users on existing plans and are looking forward to adding native plans in the near future.

In the meantime, CDMA folks interested in switching to Red Pocket visit www.redpocket.com/fp to check out their newly released plan which most resembles FreedomPop’s base plan and includes native voice.

Additional RedPocket offers which are available to all customers are:

75% off first month (CDMA) with code SUMMERS75 - www.redpocket.com/cdmas
50% off first month (GSM) with code GSMABTS2019 - www.redpocket.com/gsma

Remember, these plans are offered by Red Pocket, which means you would be activating service directly through Red Pocket, not FreedomPop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Frasier1, tech-stitch

More
1 week 18 hours ago #40700 by mmfacemm
i was about to sign up for the 200min/500tret/500mb cdma plan but with some not getting 500mb and getting 200mb instead I didn't sign up.

Can this be fixed? Is it 500mb or 200mb?

More
1 week 18 hours ago #40701 by KentE
@FreedomPop

Could you answer the new 'question of the day' regarding the CDMA offer for ex-FreedomPop CDMA users?
There's been confusion and differing information on the data allotment of the $3 plan.

The first entry page during signup says (said?) 200mb. Every mention later in the process says 500mb, as does the receipt. (For that matter, the receipt from my refill for my second month, 2 days ago, also says 500mb.)

RoadRanger, in a series of posts just above, has had several customer service agents tell him it's only 200mb.
My plan initially refilled for a second month 2 days ago, and displayed 500mb-- today, it indicates 200mb.

Which is correct? (And if it's 200mb, could someone please correct the documentation to reflect that?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, RoadRanger

More
1 week 17 hours ago #40702 by RoadRanger
Yeah - FreedomPop/RedPocket gettin' a crap reputation over this issue :-/