Any updates on the transition?

More
1 week 4 days ago #40121 by sovashadow
Ive been out of the loop for a while, do the GSM Freedompop lines need to be converted to different plans on RP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #40123 by RoadRanger

sovashadow wrote: Ive been out of the loop for a while, do the GSM Freedompop lines need to be converted to different plans on RP?

Not yet - they will remain the same for now until they contact you :) .

More
1 week 4 days ago #40124 by FreedomPop

sovashadow wrote: Ive been out of the loop for a while, do the GSM Freedompop lines need to be converted to different plans on RP?

No action is required for our GSM lines at this time, we'll be sure to give everyone adequate notice should any action be required down the line. We plan to keep GSM users active on FreedomPop and will be announcing a new offer soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, Frasier1, RoadRanger

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #40125 by mmfacemm

KentE wrote: The possibility I haven't tried is that it's looking for a NEW Red Pocket SIM, rather than reusing the FreedomPop SIM.

I tried a redpocket gsm-t sim and after I input the ICCID the page of plans was blank. So nothing special available. Hopefully freedompop will add tmobile sims to the "new offer" they just mentioned will be announced soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
5 hours 51 minutes ago #40355 by Frasier1
I contacted Red Pocket CS yesterday and asked if they have a 'special rate' for former GSM (ATT) customers like they offer for former FreedomPop Sprint customers. I was told "no they do not" and that I could either keep my free FreedomPop plan for the time being, or, sign up for a 'regular' plan on Red Pocket ATT.

More
4 hours 14 minutes ago #40359 by KentE

Frasier1 wrote: I contacted Red Pocket CS yesterday and asked if they have a 'special rate' for former GSM (ATT) customers like they offer for former FreedomPop Sprint customers. I was told "no they do not" and that I could either keep my free FreedomPop plan for the time being, or, sign up for a 'regular' plan on Red Pocket ATT.

Yeah, no new options for GSM users so far. They do have a 'special rate' for a Sprint-network plan for former or existing) GSM users, or non-former users of any network. You can sign up for the FreedomPop CDMA plan even if you didn't have a FreedomPop CDMA line.

I started the process with an email still attached to a gsm/LTE SIM, and there was no problem getting the Sprint plan offer. (I didn't complete it, because I didn't know if it would nerf my existing LTE SIM.) . I started and finished the process with an email address that FreedomPop didn't remember at all, and after registering it and starting over at the CDMA plan link, I got the CDMA plan with no problem.