Any updates on the transition?

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #40055 by KentE
The same Red Pocket/FreedomPop site now seems to include GSM 'upgrades' to the free plan.
I don't have the info with me to get through the steps, but the front page mentions
$3.99 for 200 minutes/500 text/200mb, and mentions 'premier service' value, which I assume is a reference to cellular voice.

I think we can forget about Red Pocket offering cellular voice as a free upgrade... but perhaps an upgrade at a reasonable price.

Although the front page no longer mentions CDMA lines, I'm still seeing the CDMA offer if I go through the steps.
(If you want to look through this, it requires SIM #, and apparently IMEI for gsm lines.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40056 by D’yer_Mak’er
Wanting my SS# is a none starter for me no matter how good the deal seems.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #40058 by mmfacemm
When I bought the plan yesterday trying to get it on a cdma verizon line it didn't ask me for a ssn though. I didn't transfer over a fp number nor use a device that was already on fp. It was basically a brand new line that I bought after logging in with my fp credentials.

Might be worth seeing if anyone else gets asked for a ssn before writing them off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40067 by KentE
Technically, I didn't transfer over a FP number, either (it was currently a Ting #), and the device I activated hadn't ever been on FreedomPop. (Can't transfer an active Sprint device to FP/RP, and the old FP device was still active on Ting.)
So mine was basically a brand new line after logging in with my FP credentials, too.
Strange that I had the SSN request, and you (mmfacemm) didn't. Maybe the difference was just that I was porting in a # (from anywhere), and you weren't? (Actually, I think the SSN request might have been in the form to fill for porting information.... it was one of those that asks for way more info about the port than is typically required.)

On the Red Pocket/FreedomPop GSM offer: I can't get past the device validation step. The form insists on an IMEI, and as soon as I enter a GSM IMEI, it rejects it as not being Sprint compatible..... I think the site isn't working right yet.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40078 by KentE

mmfacemm wrote: When I bought the plan yesterday trying to get it on a cdma verizon line it didn't ask me for a ssn though. I didn't transfer over a fp number nor use a device that was already on fp. It was basically a brand new line that I bought after logging in with my fp credentials.

Might be worth seeing if anyone else gets asked for a ssn before writing them off.

I took screenshots of the sign-up process, and looked at them this morning. I can confirm that the SSN requirement was within the port-in submission, where they also asked for the registered address & email address for the losing provider. (This is likely in case the losing provider requests additional information to confirm the account holder, which rarely happens.....)

So... if you're not porting in a number, you shouldn't be asked for SSN. If you are porting in, the field is marked as 'required', although I don't think I tried to submit without it.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago - 6 months 2 weeks ago #40079 by joseph
A fictitious SS# should work for the port info.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40081 by Diedrich_Duo

joseph wrote: A fictitious SS# should work for the port info.

I would strongly advise not doing this, since you might inadvertently use someone else's real one, thus committing identity theft. (Either way, please don't use mine! :) )
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40086 by KentE
And I now retract my earlier statement that the SSN field is required when requesting a port in. Looking at the screenshot, it's nor marked with the * of most of the other fields. If my screenshot matches the 'live' page, you could skip that field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40087 by Frasier1
Fake social that cant be anyone else's: 111-22-3333

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #40088 by mmfacemm

Frasier1 wrote: Fake social that cant be anyone else's: 111-22-3333

Hey that's mine :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1, tech-stitch