Any updates on the transition?

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #39035 by Hungry-Hog
I have two CDMA phones and a few LTE sims with FP... Don't know what to do now. When will ting and redpocket take over and charge us an arm?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #39038 by John thomas
I've read that
Ting will get rid of free plan. Red pocket will keep free awhile.

I asked ting. Did get reply from them.

"We don't have any news on this front at this time. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and as soon as we know more, we'll email you with your next step details."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hungry-Hog

More
1 week 4 days ago #39382 by Isamorph
Damn Migrations

"It looks like Ting has taken down the page I linked to Monday announcing the migration of FreedomPop Sprint customers. The automatic migration has already started and has left a number of FreedomPop Forum users with issues ranging from no hotspot to the inability to call and/or text. Customer support on the FreedomPop forum is mostly nonexistent as usual. Ting really needs to take charge of supporting the migration if they want it to succeed."

prepaidcompare.net/

forums.freedompop.com/us/search?Search=migration

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 week 4 days ago #39383 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Any updates on the transition?
Are we supposed to set up new accounts on Ting before the Sprint based service begin working again?

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #39384 by Isamorph

PEW wrote: Are we supposed to set up new accounts on Ting before the Sprint based service begin working again?

I don't know, maybe someone else does.

The below quote and article it was contained in was from Dennis at PPPN.

"As shared by Ting, FreedomPop customers that are affected by this move now have their phone and numbers moved to them. The company also reveals that nothing else has changed with the phone service. All that's left to do is to activate service under Ting Mobile or opt to move to another carrier."

www.prepaidphonenews.com/2019/07/freedompop-quitting-sprint-ting-steps.html

More
1 week 4 days ago #39385 by Hungry-Hog
I just dialed ##72786#. Does this mean that I am a ting customer and need to pay ting now? I ain't got no money.

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #39386 by peterquinn
Has Ting communicated with FreedomPop's customers yet? I haven't gotten anything from them.

ETA - Are we supposed to just go ahead and do a profile update - irrespective of whether or not we got some intimation from Ting?

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 19 hours ago #39388 by KentE
When your phone is migrated to Ting, it should quit working on FreedomPop. That's the point when you need to do a profile update-- and a profile update likely won't do anything if done before that point.

Hungry-Hog, did you get native voice after doing the carrier reset? If so, you're on Ting. (You would also see your phone number shown in the Settings Menu>About Phone, or similar.)

(UPDATE FOR LATER INFO: Turns out that FreedomPop is converting CDMA lines to traditional cellular lines before the lines move to Ting. The advice above is still pretty good, but should read more like:
When your phone "is transitioned to cellular voice under FreedomPop" it should quit working for data and FreedomPop VoIP. That's the point when you need to do a carrier reset (provisioning) or a Profile update.. You will still be on FreedomPop after the reset, but with cellular voice/sms.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, realLexusl21

More
1 week 4 days ago #39391 by joseph
Didn't FP Sprint always have native voice?

More
1 week 3 days ago #39393 by peterquinn

joseph wrote: Didn't FP Sprint always have native voice?

FP was always VoIP. No native voice for Sprint or AT&T.

I have one FP on Sprint, one on AT&T. I don't use the Sprint FP phone much, so I won't know if/when it stops working. Which is why I was hoping Ting would send out an email to let everyone know when the profile update needs to be done.

BTW, will Ting charge us FP Sprint migrants the $6 per month line fee?