Hope this happens!

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38814 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hope this happens!

mmfacemm wrote: It could also mean not disrupting the service plans of redpocket subscribers.

Yes, it's not clear. I did notice the following that appears to indicate the "freemium" aspect of FP won't go away, at least at first.

“Providing top coverage and customer service is a Red Pocket specialty,” said Kaisha Barela, the company’s Director of Customer Experience. “We will deliver added transparency and service options to make FreedomPop not just ‘freemium,’ but premium!”

www.prweb.com/releases/red_pocket_mobile_to_bring_freedompop_to_all_major_wireless_networks_in_america/prweb16395953.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38818 by CharlieB
Replied by CharlieB on topic Hope this happens!
I don't understand the confusion and clutter in this thread about what was obviously an official press release by Red Pocket.

The OP clearly quoted PRWeb which as everyone knows is a major channel for official press releases.

Maybe those who were confused can delete their posts to prevent confusion for anyone else who reads this thread.

Onto the news itself, Red Pocket is a reputable company so I have no doubt they will introduce free plans on all networks. But I would expect the allotments to be low and a way to upgrade to paid services.

In any case, more choice for the consumer is good. I'm looking at unlimited plans which seem to be coming down in cost. I'm happy to pay a reputable and reliable company because time is money. Free almost always requires too much of one's time which doesn't really make it free.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38846 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hope this happens!
Free on all networks isn't for the first time ever. They must have forgotten about their venture with cellnuvo with free service via redpocket. Or perhaps they want to keep that one quiet!
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38853 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic Hope this happens!
Unfortunately I do not see them continuing the freemium model.

Rp no VoIP service. So too expensive for them to offer free

We shall see

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38854 by ghoul31
Replied by ghoul31 on topic Hope this happens!
I don't see it happening either

they charge $60 a year for 100/100/500. why would they start giving that away for free?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38858 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hope this happens!

ghoul31 wrote: I don't see it happening either

they charge $60 a year for 100/100/500. why would they start giving that away for free?

I can see them having a 200mb free tier. That could be enough to tempt people into upgrading to that $60 plan with the added benefit of real cellular minutes and a decent data allotment.

They will of course get people buying 13 sims and sim swapping and never upgrading. I am sure they know that going into this. But as long as the right proportion upgrade they will come out ahead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38862 by realLexusl21
Replied by realLexusl21 on topic Hope this happens!

mmfacemm wrote:

I can see them having a 200mb free tier. That could be enough to tempt people into upgrading to that $60 plan with the added benefit of real cellular minutes and a decent data allotment.

They will of course get people buying 13 sims and sim swapping and never upgrading. I am sure they know that going into this. But as long as the right proportion upgrade they will come out ahead.

Wouldn't 13 plus Sims be cheating?

Getting bonus from each other

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38872 by ghoul31
Replied by ghoul31 on topic Hope this happens!
That is why Freedompop didn't work. people just used multiple free sims
The same thing would happen for Redpocket

Freedompop thought they could get people to pay for voicemail, mms and wifi calling
But people just used Google voice to get around that

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38876 by Nunodat
Replied by Nunodat on topic Hope this happens!
Would customers be eager to obtain multiple SIMs if the cost per SIM was prohibitive?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38877 by johnsmith
Replied by johnsmith on topic Hope this happens!

lexusl21 wrote:

mmfacemm wrote:

Wouldn't 13 plus Sims be cheating?

Getting bonus from each other

In the early days they encouraged multiple devices and SIMS on Forums like SlickDeals etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nunodat