• Chosen
  • Chosen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38798 by Chosen
Hope this happens! was created by Chosen
THOUSAND OAKS, CALIF. (PRWEB) JUNE 21, 2019
Red Pocket Mobile, a wireless service leader, announced that it has officially acquired “freemium” operator FreedomPop. Like all Red Pocket Mobile customers, FreedomPop and FreedomPop’s UNREAL Mobile subscribers will soon be able to pair virtually any phone in the US with the nationwide network of their choice.
What does this mean to American consumers? Free wireless service. On any phone. On any major network. For the first time ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38799 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hope this happens!
Yes it will be really interesting if they offer a free plan on any network.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38800 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hope this happens!
classifieds.usatoday.com/press/red-pocket-mobile-to-bring-freedompop-to-all-major-wireless-networks-in-america/

There is a lot of reading between the lines to do-- but this sounds amazingly good. I keep looking for the careful wording that makes it not-so-much.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38802 by RoadRanger
Replied by RoadRanger on topic Hope this happens!
They only bought the name and GSM subscribers - the Sprint network (CDMA) subscribers were sold to Ting. I only have a hotspot on GSM but several other devices on CDMA.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38803 by mmfacemm
Yes I am not sure if the author really knows what redpocket plan to do. Yes they run on all 4 networks. Yes they may well keep a free tier. But whether those two will combine has yet to be confirmed from a reliable source within redpocket.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38806 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic Hope this happens!
@mmfacemm The press release tweeted from Red Pocket Mobile twitter account:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38807 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hope this happens!

mmfacemm wrote: Yes I am not sure if the author really knows what redpocket plan to do. Yes they run on all 4 networks. Yes they may well keep a free tier. But whether those two will combine has yet to be confirmed from a reliable source within redpocket.

The link above (in my earlier post) is from USA Today's Press Release/Classifieds section. If I'm reading correctly at
classifieds.usatoday.com/
that makes this a Red Pocket release, written and paid for by Red Pocket.

I agree that it may be a mistake to combine each statement from within that press release, and assume they all apply to free tier plans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38808 by mmfacemm
The tweet above looks convincing thanks st3fx. It is going to be really interesting to see what they offer. Free verizon data? Yes please.
The following user(s) said Thank You: st3fx

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38811 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Hope this happens!
"without disrupting the service plans enjoyed by current subscribers." I wonder if this statement means current subscribers to FP can keep their plans and switch to another network while not paying anything or, in "Unreal's" case, paying the same?

"Besides additional network offerings, Red Pocket will make the FreedomPop and UNREAL Mobile brands appealing to a broader set of users by offering native voice service, enhanced billing controls, and live customer service agents, without disrupting the service plans enjoyed by current subscribers."

www.prweb.com/releases/red_pocket_mobile_to_bring_freedompop_to_all_major_wireless_networks_in_america/prweb16395953.htm

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38812 by mmfacemm
It could also mean not disrupting the service plans of redpocket subscribers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21