Time to Leave Unreal Mobile

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38793 by realLexusl21

mmfacemm wrote:

CharlieB wrote: It takes vision to be first on the scene and get financing that covers multi year losses while subscriber numbers are increased. It takes execution to deliver on getting those subscribers and having something of value to sell off at the end.

So as well as being skillful at being shady, they were skillful with several other important business aspects.

Seems possible that others who don't succeed are skillful at being shady and not skillful enough with other things.

Credit where credit is due but they
will still go down in history as freedompoop!

I remember when I was first interested in their service. I called. This is way before ringplus.

I got such a bad vibe from fp. I never joined.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #38794 by John thomas
3 years worth of free service at freedompop. Never spent a dime. Some people missed out. Now redpocket buys them. Great company. Win win. No lost sleep. Freeup looking good also. Love mvno. Friends pay 60 a month for what I got free.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38821 by CharlieB

John thomas wrote: 3 years worth of free service at freedompop. Never spent a dime. Some people missed out. Now redpocket buys them. Great company. Win win. No lost sleep. Freeup looking good also. Love mvno. Friends pay 60 a month for what I got free.

$60 a month for 3 years is $2160. Way to go John thomas!

Freedompop isn't or wasn't for everyone though. I stayed away until I saw an excellent guide that said you can have a trouble free freedompop experience if you follow the instructions to the letter.

For me and obviously for you, it wasn't rocket science to set up freedompop correctly.

But I can see how people who read too quickly, get intimidated by details, lack focus or concentration, are incapable of following several steps precisely and instead ask for help at every step, would make a mistake when signing up. So kudos to those who recognized they are like this and stayed away.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38825 by mmfacemm

CharlieB wrote: But I can see how people who read too quickly, get intimidated by details, lack focus or concentration, are incapable of following several steps precisely and instead ask for help at every step, would make a mistake when signing up. So kudos to those who recognized they are like this and stayed away.

It is well documented the many underhand and bogus charges that some people experienced through no fault of their own. Congrats on freedompoop being so good for you. You should have gotten 13 sims.

That said I had no trouble from fp myself. But I doubt intellect had anything to do with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38829 by CharlieB

mmfacemm wrote: It is well documented the many underhand and bogus charges that some people experienced through no fault of their own. Congrats on freedompoop being so good for you. You should gotten 13 sims.

That said I had no trouble from fp myself. But I doubt intellect had anything to do with it.

I agree with all your points.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38831 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Time to Leave Unreal Mobile
I've used FreedomPop since April 2015, and avoided unexpected charges with the exception of a couple of FreedomPop errors that were very difficult to straighten out..

Although most complaints found on forums are from those who missed all the necessary maneuvers to downgrade successfully to the free plans, there are plenty of smart, focused, unintmidated, and attentive users who were still tapped by unexpected price increases and strange & inexplicable policy enforcement.

It's the seeming randomness of such charges that has bothered even savvy users, and the constant monitoring to make sure you haven't fallen into one of the target groups for such charges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38833 by rawlek
Replied by rawlek on topic Time to Leave Unreal Mobile

CharlieB wrote:
I agree with all your points.

I see what you did there...lol!

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38840 by John thomas

CharlieB wrote:

John thomas wrote: 3 years worth of free service at freedompop. Never spent a dime. Some people missed out. Now redpocket buys them. Great company. Win win. No lost sleep. Freeup looking good also. Love mvno. Friends pay 60 a month for what I got free.

$60 a month for 3 years is $2160. Way to go John thomas!

Freedompop isn't or wasn't for everyone though. I stayed away until I saw an excellent guide that said you can have a trouble free freedompop experience if you follow the instructions to the letter.

For me and obviously for you, it wasn't rocket science to set up freedompop correctly.

But I can see how people who read too quickly, get intimidated by details, lack focus or concentration, are incapable of following several steps precisely and instead ask for help at every step, would make a mistake when signing up. So kudos to those who recognized they are like this and stayed away.

Yup. So true.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #38850 by CharlieB

KentE wrote: It's the seeming randomness of such charges that has bothered even savvy users, and the constant monitoring to make sure you haven't fallen into one of the target groups for such charges.

If one sets up freedompop correctly, there is no need for constant monitoring. I set it up and forgot it.

And setting it up correctly also means there is no worry about being charged or at least getting the charges reversed without spending much time on it.

How much extra were you actually charged? Sure it's not nice but how did it compare to the value of service received?

I don't think this applies to you but some people were bothered by the 1c charges.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #38864 by mmfacemm
Their reputation stinks and their actions often match with that. Whether you can avoid it or not that doesn't change.

Yes buying off ebay sellers with no cc requirement, virtual cards and annual plans not requiring cc were all ways to avoid the risk. It is harder to defend yourself totally if you had a paid monthly plan or service though. And yes though the bogus charges probably aren't huge it is the principle of it. Building your business around gotchas doesn't create a good impression.

Personally I have fond memories of freedompop and it is sad to see them at their lowest. I even had some excellent customer service over the years since 2012. They once sent me a replacement phone that had broken a few days outside the warranty period. They didn't have to. I miss companies having integrity and going beyond for customers. It is too rare these days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, realLexusl21