FreedomPop alternatives & contingencies

More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #38222 by st3fx

joseph wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: Tello now do 1gb for $6 (plus unlimited 2g data)

Or Unlimited talk, text and 1gb for $10

When did Tello drop their pricing to this?

June 11, 2019
blog.tello.com/news/overpriced-wireless-is-over-new-irresistible-plans-are-here/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 2 hours ago #38225 by KentE

ghoul31 wrote: It seems like freeup is the best
unlimited calling, and 2gb a month for $20
And if you print out 7 coupons a day , you make $20 a month, so the service is free

FreeUP is great-- and I use it. It's a good solution for those with AT&T-compatible phones.

My Hello Mobile suggestion was for those with Sprint-network phones. Tello is always very competitive for Sprint network, but even with the new price structure Hello Mobile appears to have a very slightly lower cost for the lowest-tier 3-bucket plan, with allotments that may work better for those who rely more on cellular voice than text..

(As an aside-- I love that Tello goes out of their way to include existing customers in any price drop, without playing any games. The only time it didn't seem to work out to everyone's advantage was when they switched their 'unlimited text included' from being paired with data, to being paired with minutes. There were a number of us here who started with hybrid plans with minimal data, the smallest text bucket, and minutes from a PayGo desposit. Tello grandfathered that arrangement for existing accounts-- at a price drop!-- but any temporary change to the plan means it's lost for good.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, st3fx

More
2 weeks 1 hour ago #38238 by Chelle

KentE wrote:

ghoul31 wrote: It seems like freeup is the best
unlimited calling, and 2gb a month for $20
And if you print out 7 coupons a day , you make $20 a month, so the service is free

FreeUP is great-- and I use it. It's a good solution for those with AT&T-compatible phones.

My Hello Mobile suggestion was for those with Sprint-network phones. Tello is always very competitive for Sprint network, but even with the new price structure Hello Mobile appears to have a very slightly lower cost for the lowest-tier 3-bucket plan, with allotments that may work better for those who rely more on cellular voice than text..

(As an aside-- I love that Tello goes out of their way to include existing customers in any price drop, without playing any games. The only time it didn't seem to work out to everyone's advantage was when they switched their 'unlimited text included' from being paired with data, to being paired with minutes. There were a number of us here who started with hybrid plans with minimal data, the smallest text bucket, and minutes from a PayGo desposit. Tello grandfathered that arrangement for existing accounts-- at a price drop!-- but any temporary change to the plan means it's lost for good.)

Tello has great pricing, customer support, and integrity. They're a rare company in these times.

More
2 weeks 36 minutes ago #38241 by akaLTD
I got the Tello email this morning also. I like Tello, but put my brothers Sprint device on Red Pocket month or so ago. Seems Tello might be trying to compete with RP to grab some of those FP people.

Red Pocket just ran their 100min/100sms/500mb per month when purchasing yearly plan for $50, not sure if it's still on sale now or not. I almost jumped on it but FP LTE free plan was still working good for me. Now I hope RP has something like that or even better, if the FP free plan goes away.