FreedomPop Friends & Shared Data Between Accounts

• joseph
  • joseph's Avatar Topic Author
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
4 years 4 months ago #1 by joseph
Is there any more efficient way to add 500 MB of shared data to a FreedomPop account than by manually logging into five other FP accounts every month and sharing data?

And is 100 MB the maximum a FP account can gift to another FP account, per month?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #2 by Chelle
1) Yes. Have five OTHER people gift the data to you. Then you don't have to do anything. ;)

2) Yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #3 by Chelle
Here's a more complete answer:

1) Get into a group with about a half dozen other people and agree to share all of your leftover data, in 100MB increments, just before your billing cycle rolls, each month.

2) Have everyone change the first and last name on their account to a naming convention that conveys rollover date, priority, and identifying information.

3) The day that your data is supposed to roll, simply go into your one account and give away your data to five people in your group who just rolled their month. That will give the donated data the longest "shelf life".

4) By doing this you only have to log into each account once, just before it rolls, and your devices will automatically fill up as everyone else's devices roll.

Examples:

26-1 Chelle SIM means "rolls on the 26th, is a priority 1 (I really want data on this device), and it's one of Chelle's SIMs".

04-2 Chelle MiFi 500 means "rolls on the 4th, lower priority, and it's one of Chelle's hotspots that she apparently doesn't use as much".

13-DoNotSend Chelle SIM means "strictly a donor SIM and any data sent to it would be wasted, so please don't send any data to this account".

I'm in this arrangement with a pretty good size group of people and my devices tend to max out pretty quickly. I also end up giving away even more than I use.

If you wanted to put such a group together you could probably organize it, here, and share FP email addresses using PMs, here, as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph, Oldbooks1, Zubrin, the_dork_knight

• joseph
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
4 years 4 months ago #4 by joseph
Thanks, @Chelle. Where did you put together your current group(s) with this arrangement?

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #5 by Chelle

Thanks, @Chelle. Where did you put together your current group(s) with this arrangement?

It started out with just me and one person, from RingPlus, and we came up with the system, together, to make sure that we didn't accidentally donate data to a device that was just about to rollover. We just used it between us, for awhile.

As we each onboarded more people we all friended each other and broadened the group.

I've posted our system in several places and have started to notice more people using the system. I think it takes some of the randomness out and improves the efficiency of the data sharing process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih

• joseph
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by joseph
Until reading your novel idea, the thought that I had was to open five LTE SIM FP accounts (for $0.99 one time cost each to open) and transfer each month 100 MB from each of those five FP accounts to my primary FP account.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #7 by Chelle
You can also open an account without even purchasing a SIM or device simply by downloading the FP app and opening a free VOIP account.

You'll get 200 minutes and 500 texts and no data (since it would be expected that you'd supply your own internet access).

The cool thing, though, is that you can still earn 500 MB of friends data and share it.

A great deal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph, Oldbooks1, Zubrin

• joseph
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
4 years 4 months ago #8 by joseph
That's a cool thought worthy of consideration. Though I'm thinking that the idea with the SIMs also gives you five spare SIMs you can pop into your device, if necessary, with 700 MB/month each. All only costing 99 cents each (once).

• joseph
  • Smart Phone
  • Smart Phone
More
4 years 4 months ago #9 by joseph
@Chelle In the FP group system you outlined you suggested organizing about half a dozen people in addition to oneself in the group. You also mentioned you have a pretty good size group of people. Is there an optimal size for this type of arrangement? Is it the bigger the better (as you seem to have a larger size group)?

If group members always donate their about to expire data to the accounts with the most recently begun billing cycle (with the highest priority), effectively you'll probably end up with each donor always donating to the same set of recepient accounts each month, based on the billing cycles. As such, is there not the risk certain accounts that happen to not have the "right" cycle starting date could get very few to no data donations every month?

Also, what other places have you posted your system to?

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #10 by sfatula
Hi Chelle, added one more device today and when you get a chance, add my new device to your list, it will be a donor device. Sent a bunch of requests for you to accept.

Can you spell out one last time..... If my device bills and renews on the 14th, do I put 14 in the name, or 15, and, does that mean I would never want to donate to a 14, or, is a 14 safe to donate to?

I need to set up reminders so I know when to donate for each account each month. Nut, don't want to donate only to have it expire same day or next day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle