Unreal Mobile

More
5 months 1 week ago #33236 by joseph
Replied by joseph on topic Unreal Mobile
What is the current process to swap a handset?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #33237 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Unreal Mobile
Re: swapping handsets. I'm not an Unreal customer-- it would be great to hear from someone who has actually done this.

From their forum:
--I want to buy a different UNREAL Mobile CDMA phone to use with my account

If you'd like to purchase another phone from UNREAL Mobile, but keep the same account, you can complete the following steps:
Step 1: Purchase a phone from unrealmobile.com under a new email address.
Step 2: Contact customer service to have the new device transferred over to your preferred account.
Step 3: Customer service will then cancel the unused account.
Step 4: Make sure to complete the Sync Account Data steps explained here. (It's a link in the original, for syncing data with the Unreal VoIP app only.)

OR
-- I want to use a different Sprint B.Y.O.P phone

If you have an UNREAL Mobile account, and you'd like to switch to a BYOP phone, contact our customer service team with your new phone's MEID number. You can dial *#06# to get the MEID.
After the transfer is complete, make sure to complete the Sync Account Data steps explained here. (see note above)

________
When I asked Customer Service about swapping to another BYOP device when I was considering Unreal, it was not clear to me whether they were saying the first method, or the second method, would be necessary. FreedomPop uses a system involving starting a new line and asking for a merge of the 2 lines, similar to the first process above. If no one reports doing this, I'd contact CS and ask before assuming that the second method will work.

I would be surprised if Unreal can handle moving a phone that's already active somewhere else on the Sprint network directly to Unreal service. Few Sprint MVNO's (if any) can handle that, and I suspect that those who offer the service are using their own placeholder ESN to make it work. The dummy/placeholder method would probably be necessary. (Chances are good that someone here might loan you a dummy ESN, but it's still a problem of leaving the old line unusable during the transfer. Might be better to invest in a cheap phone to minimize being out of service.) Transferring the number itself should not be an issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph, Isamorph

More
5 months 1 week ago #33238 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Unreal Mobile

joseph wrote: What is the current process to swap a handset?

That's unknown to me. Here is the latest on the matter I have seen, which says little about your question. Calling CS seems to be the only option. There is a way to sync another phone with your account, but I doubt will do you much good.

support.unrealmobile.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3618/~/changing-your-device%2C-while-keeping-your-phone-number
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, joseph