Unreal Mobile

More
9 months 3 days ago - 9 months 3 days ago #27632 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Unreal Mobile
I just tried a few devices in Unreal's MEID checker. In all cases I used my current, active phone number from TPO (Sprint):

1) Using my LG G Stylo that's currently activated with the aforementioned phone number on TPO I got an error message that that phone was not eligible. This is a pre-FED Boost phone that has been on Ring Plus, Ting, Tello and is currently on TPO.

2) I tried an LG Tribute HD that is currently FED-locked to Boost and got the exact same error message saying that it was not eligible.

3) I tried another LG Tribute HD that has been on Ring Plus, Ting, and CellNUVO and which does not currently have service. It passed and I was prompted to add my ICCID if I wanted to proceed with activating it.

So it would appear that, when I port from TPO to Unreal, I'll be able to keep my phone number but I'll have to switch from using my LG G Stylo to using an LG Tribute HD. (No sacrifice. I like both phones.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 days ago - 9 months 3 days ago #27633 by Chelle
As a follow-up, I just tried the Franklin R850 hotspot that was abandoned by 4gCommunity and the message was, "We don't support this device at this time."

This same device is shown to be eligible for activation on other Sprint-network providers using the Ting checker, however.

More
9 months 3 days ago #27635 by Chelle
A few more data points:

Still using my TPO (Sprint) phone number:

1) I tried the IMEI from an unlocked LG X Charge (Sprint/T-Mo/AT&T) that currently has a FreedomPop LTE SIM in it and it was eligible for activation.

2) I tried the IMEI from an unlocked LG X Charge (Sprint/T-Mo/AT&T) that is currently on a T-Mobile postpaid plan and it was eligible for activation.

Using my T-Mobile Postpaid phone number:

1) I used the IMEI from "2)", above, and it was eligible for activation.

So it appears that I could port in a Sprint or T-Mobile number using an unlocked phone that is currently in use on a GSM network.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Isamorph, SuccessOne

More
9 months 3 days ago - 9 months 3 days ago #27636 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Unreal Mobile
I think something has been wonky at the"Unreal" site today. I just got a call from a supposed rep from "Unreal" who wondered if I got all the needed info today when I visited the site. I told him the phone I was thinking about signing up with there was deemed by their checker as not usable on their network. He asked about the phone, Moto G5s plus special edition, and said it must be GSM, but I explained it was unlocked for all carriers and was currently on Sprint Tello, which seemed to baffle him. He wanted to check it for me, but I was on another call and told him to call back tomorrow. Anyways, why he called is open to speculation, but its a bit odd that he would call someone whose phone could not even pass the checker test. ??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
9 months 3 days ago #27637 by lexusl21
Replied by lexusl21 on topic Unreal Mobile
Cellnuvo called me and asked if I could swipe more

Lol. Just joking
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

More
9 months 3 days ago - 9 months 3 days ago #27638 by Chelle
I just signed up for the $10 plan and it was completely painless.

1) Clicked BYOD on the main page and entered in my zip code, TPO phone number, and email address.
2) I had to use a phone that was not currently active on a Sprint network, so I couldn't use the phone that's currently active on TPO. Instead I used a pre-FED LG Tribute HD that's been on Ring Plus, Ting, and CellNUVO. After the MEID was accepted I entered in the ICCID and I was offered a choice of plans.
3) I chose the $10 plan and did not have to pay any taxes. There was no activation fee since I'm among the first 500 to sign up.
4) I checked out and got 3 emails. A welcome email with a link to change my password, a confirmation email saying that taxes were included in the $10 and that also provided activation instructions, and an email with my new phone number and a link to start the porting process of my old number.
5) My phone activated, right away, and I was able to make a call without having to install any apps. (I'll port my number, tomorrow.)

Very easy process. My TPO account is still untouched and operational since I haven't started the porting process, yet, and since I used a different phone, for Unreal.

The Unreal account page is strongly reminiscent of the FreedomPop page except that it's in black, instead of blue, and it seems a little cleaner.

First impressions-- I give them an "A".
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, lexusl21, Diedrich_Duo, SuccessOne

More
9 months 3 days ago #27639 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Unreal Mobile
Reading between the lines of reports from forum members above (Thanks all, for all the details!) it appears that Unreal doesn't really object to multi-carrier phones, based on mmfacemm's and Chelle's results.

They won't accept, however, multi-carrier phones if it's currently active on the Sprint network. (per Diedrich_Duo's and Isamorph's results.) It appears the issue here is currently-active-on-Sprint-network, and not the phone itself.

Chelle, does the dashboard give any evidence of being able to swap devices?

If it's not a mistake in allowing the multi-carrier phones, Unreal should re-write their BYOD eligibility FAQ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo, SuccessOne

More
9 months 3 days ago #27642 by Chelle

KentE wrote: Chelle, does the dashboard give any evidence of being able to swap devices?

I just did a quick look through (it's strikingly similar to FP's "My FreedomPop" page) and I don't see a self-service option to do that.

I did notice the capability of "friends data" but FreedomPop friends don't count. They have to be Unreal friends.

More
9 months 3 days ago #27643 by sovashadow
Replied by sovashadow on topic Unreal Mobile
Thank you Isamorph, I personally wouldn't my carrier doing that so I will pass on unreal

More
9 months 3 days ago #27644 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Unreal Mobile

KentE wrote: Reading between the lines of reports from forum members above (Thanks all, for all the details!) it appears that Unreal doesn't really object to multi-carrier phones, based on mmfacemm's and Chelle's results.

They won't accept, however, multi-carrier phones if it's currently active on the Sprint network. (per Diedrich_Duo's and Isamorph's results.) It appears the issue here is currently-active-on-Sprint-network, and not the phone itself.

Chelle, does the dashboard give any evidence of being able to swap devices?

If it's not a mistake in allowing the multi-carrier phones, Unreal should re-write their BYOD eligibility FAQ.

Thanks for the info. Do you think the following would work: On Tello, swap an inactive Kyocera Hydro(which used to be on Tello) for the G5splus phone currently on Tello, and then sign up with "Unreal, assuming the Sprint sim I had used for Tello will also work with "Unreal"? Thanks