Unreal Mobile

More
1 year 4 hours ago - 1 year 4 hours ago #27615 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Unreal Mobile
The faqs make it clear that there is cellular calling via the native calling app. VOIP through their app. Cellular calling by default including incoming calls.

Up to 500mb LTE rolls over to next bill cycle

Dashboard looks identical to the freedompop one. Looks like "friends" are a possibility from the screenshots there but not sure if you get free data or not like with freedompop.

help.unrealmobile.com/categories/faqs

All in all it seems like a good step up from sprint freedompop if you want native cellular calling. $10 a month isn't too bad especially as they include a few usually paid options like basic data rollover, vpn, visual voicemail etc. Shame they didn't offer ATT. Seems like a good plan for TPO refugees if you were on sprint. As long as you are careful to watch those extra possbile charges as you should do with freedompop and related companies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 hours ago - 1 year 4 hours ago #27616 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Unreal Mobile
I seem to be able to activate my unlocked iphone 6S. Haven't clicked the final activate button so may get an error but it is accepting it through the checker and plan selection etc. It is not currently active anywhere and I used it on sprint postpaid last.

It says activation is free - maybe a glitch??
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 year 4 hours ago #27617 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Unreal Mobile
I haven't tried many permutations of device checking, but here goes:

The old-fashioned way for dealing with the conundrum of active/not-active is to swap a place-holder into your current Twigby line. That gives you an active # (needed to port the number), and an inactive phone (needed to use the phone on the new MVNO.) Awkward, but we were used to doing this on RingPlus-- frequently a forum member would be willing to loan an ESN to make this possible if needed.

It should be possible to reuse the same device if you don't want to port your old number, by having Unreal assign a new number, and cancelling your existing line just before starting the process-- but I didn't see a method for doing this on the BYOD test page, which requires the phone number be verified before submitting ESN/ICCID info......

Diedrich_Duo, your unlocked Moto G4 would appear non-eligible under the rules as written. I haven't tested an unlocked device to confirm that, though. It should fail because it's 'active-elsewhere', even if it were otherwise eligible. (And the FAQ reads as if it wouldn't be eligible anyway.....)

One further bit of info gleaned-- the number I tested for porting is currently on a VZW MVNO (Tracfone), so they don't seem to be limiting current network activation.

More
1 year 4 hours ago - 1 year 4 hours ago #27618 by Diedrich_Duo
Replied by Diedrich_Duo on topic Unreal Mobile
Looks like they're sweetening the pot a bit more:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 year 4 hours ago #27619 by KentE
Diedrich_Duo writes:
" However, it does seem impossible bring my phone, currently on Twigby (a Sprint MVNO), over to Unreal due to their dual rules that you have to have current service to port your number, but your phone can't be active if you want to BYOD. Guess I was twice lucky before, when I was able to port from RingPlus to Ting, then from Ting to Twigby with no problems."

Maybe more fortunate in your situation and choice of carriers than 'lucky'.
The RingPlus to Ting transition wasn't a typical porting situation at all, but was an account transfer involving a MVNO (Ting) with very close ties to Sprint & beyond-typical access to Sprint's databases.

Twigby is another MVNO with close ties to Sprint, since their parent company is actually an independent carrier providing roaming coverage for Sprint (unless that has changed). Again, capabilities beyond the typical Sprint MVNO, and techs who are both very capable and motivated to assist.

More
1 year 4 hours ago - 1 year 3 hours ago #27622 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Unreal Mobile
I have a MotoG5s plus, unlocked, that is currently on Tello, and the "Unreal" checker says phone will not work on their network. I also tried a Moto E 4 ( unlocked from Verizon ) that is on FP AT&T one year plan and I get a "validation error--please check back later", which makes me wonder if their checker is working properly.

More
1 year 3 hours ago #27623 by KentE

Isamorph wrote: I have a MotoG5s plus, unlocked, that is currently on Tello, and the "Unreal" checker says phone will not work on their network. I also tried a Moto E 4 ( unlocked from Verizon ) that is on FP AT&T one year plan and I get a "validation error--please check back later", which makes me wonder if their checker is working properly.

The Moto G5s Plus should fail because it's currently active on the Sprint network, if for no other reason. (I'm not sure what failure messages might be available.) There's also the question of whether Universal Unlocked phones are eligible.

The VZW Moto E4, unlocked or not, is a non-starter: it will not be whitelisted for the Sprint network.

I have a feeling we need to share exact wording of failure messages, as well as device details, in order to build a knowledge base of what the failures mean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 year 3 hours ago - 1 year 3 hours ago #27625 by Diedrich_Duo

KentE wrote: Twigby is another MVNO with close ties to Sprint, since their parent company is actually an independent carrier providing roaming coverage for Sprint (unless that has changed). Again, capabilities beyond the typical Sprint MVNO, and techs who are both very capable and motivated to assist.

Yes, one of the main reasons I'm so happy with Twigby is that their customer support is terrific, even though they do not have a direct phone line (it's all done via e-mail and/or chat). For a non-tech-savvy client like me, the small price difference each month is well worth it for the extra peace of mind (sleep factor, if you will) knowing I can get help if I need it. (As their CS reps will attest, I'm one of their "favorite" customers... :))

I also like that Twigby is Sprint-based but offers no-extra-cost voice and text roaming on Verizon if I'm out of the Sprint service area.

More
1 year 3 hours ago #27626 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Unreal Mobile

KentE wrote:

Isamorph wrote: I have a MotoG5s plus, unlocked, that is currently on Tello, and the "Unreal" checker says phone will not work on their network. I also tried a Moto E 4 ( unlocked from Verizon ) that is on FP AT&T one year plan and I get a "validation error--please check back later", which makes me wonder if their checker is working properly.

The Moto G5s Plus should fail because it's currently active on the Sprint network, if for no other reason. (I'm not sure what failure messages might be available.) There's also the question of whether Universal Unlocked phones are eligible.

The VZW Moto E4, unlocked or not, is a non-starter: it will not be whitelisted for the Sprint network.

I have a feeling we need to share exact wording of failure messages, as well as device details, in order to build a knowledge base of what the failures mean.

I did not think the E 4 would work, but thought the G5s plus would be accepted due to an article on "unreal" saying that people currently on the Sprint or Verizon networks can sign up now, which must be a mistake. Anyways, it may be better to wait until they offer, hopefully, TMobile,etc. Here are the two checker messages I received, the first one for the Moto G5s plus and the second for the Moto E 4.

"Sorry, we don't support this device. Please check the number and try again.
For assistance, please call 855-486-7325"

"Validation error, please try again later.
For assistance, please call 855-486-7325"

And some more info:

"Best Buy, Target, Amazon and Walmart will sell his service online in the coming weeks, which is a big deal for his young company."

www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/06/20/if-you-missed-sprints-15-unlimited-deal-freedompop-pitching-10-unlimited-plan/714600002/
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 year 3 hours ago #27627 by Diedrich_Duo

mmfacemm wrote: It says activation is free - maybe a glitch??

Free for the first 500 new activations (please see my post, middle of page 2 on this thread). Get it while you can!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph