Hot Deals

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1291 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hot Deals
Live now for preordering off the main website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1292 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Hot Deals

What is your take in the "later versions will be different" parts of this piece? Just software updates or actual hardware changes?
bestmvno.com/boost-mobile/boost-mobile-announces-branded-phone-the-celero5g/

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #1293 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals

Big news today is Boost Mobile is lauching a new phone the Celero 5g and bundling preorders with 1 year of its unlimited service (max 35gb full speed). Price will be $279. Considering the plan usually costs $50 that is a pretty good deal.  Not up for preorder yet but I imagine it will be later today and will sell quickly.  

www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dishs-boost-mobile-introduces-the-celero5g-an-exclusive-device-optimized-for-5g-and-packed-with-features-that-cater-to-its-customers-301388712.html

My only concern would be with signal coverage.  Probably not a problem in metro areas though, but what roaming partner does Boost use for in between cities.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #1294 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals

What is your take in the "later versions will be different" parts of this piece? Just software updates or actual hardware changes?
bestmvno.com/boost-mobile/boost-mobile-announces-branded-phone-the-celero5g/

My take is that buying a special-production phone like this from Boost right now isn't as good an idea as it initially sounds.  Currently the phone supports only T-Mobile.  But Boost is moving away from T-Mobile, and Boost's unlocking policy requires a year of use before they'll unlock it so you can use it elsewhere on T-Mobile.  The article indicates the next version will support AT&T-- but still takes a year to unlock, and we don't know yet whether the next version will be AT&T only, or AT&T + T-Mobile.  And the (3rd?) version might actually support Dish's planned network.  

Just seems like a lot to go through unless you're comfortable with the 12-month plan from Boost.  ..

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #1295 by Chosen
Replied by Chosen on topic Hot Deals

Just seems like a lot to go through unless you're comfortable with the 12-month plan from Boost.  ..

Hmmm, good points….I was just thinking the free service was worth more than the phone, if you get good coverage where you live.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #1296 by mmfacemm
As KentE mentions they are planning adding ATT soon. With all their current customers on tmobile I dont think they will just drop tmobile and move to att. And even if that is the plan it will take at least a year I imagine. Should be fine for this bundle.  Their own network is likely years out from being standalone too.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago - 3 weeks 4 days ago #1297 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Hot Deals
I guess we will know more when the phone ships. Wouldn't it make more sense to spec. & ship a phone that covers all current and future (out a year or 2) T-mo & At&t bands/frequencies? How much more would that really cost Dish/Boost vs. being stuck with stock that is obsolete that nobody wants in 9 months to a year?

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #1298 by mmfacemm
Oneplus n100 on sale again this time at B&H Photo and comes with a case. $129.99 (retails at $179.99)

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1611766-REG/oneplus_5011101344_oneplus_nord_n100_64gb.html

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #1299 by dst11
Replied by dst11 on topic Hot Deals
Obihai OBi200 1-Port VoIP Adapter with Google Voice and Fax Support for Home and SOHO Phone Service, Black: $40

smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FCS1NGM

price graph: camelcamelcamel.com/product/B07FCS1NGM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #1300 by bingyee
Replied by bingyee on topic Hot Deals
If you have an unlocked or AT&T compatible phone, RedPocket is offering their 50gb plan for $1 (plus tax) for the first month only, when you use coupon code RPSWITCHBACK15. After that, the plan goes to $50. I strongly suggest you buy with a virtual card with a pre-set spending limit of $2 so that you won't get accidentally get charged a lot of moolah after the first month discount is over.

www.redpocket.com/plans/add/M050

This is good if you only need a lot of data for 1 month only. It's also a good option to create a new number in case you come across a good Black Friday deal that requires a number port-in.