Hot Deals

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1201 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals

www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/citi-custom-cash-card-bonus-cash-back-top-category-2021-6?op=1

Citi Custom Cash card, $200 bonus then 5% cash back in your highest spending category (up to $500)!

Yeah but it is not any category. It is your top ELIGIBLE category. Utilities & insurance aren't a category for instance so be sure to understand which categories to do the spend on this card.
Lots of discussion in comments here
www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-launches-custom-cash-card-5x-points-cash-on-up-to-500-spend-per-month-200-20000-signup-bonus/

"The top eligible spend categories of the Custom Cash Card are: restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, select streaming services, select travel, select transit, home improvement stores, fitness clubs, live entertainment and drugstores."

So one person mentioned VISA Gift Card, so I guess buy a $500 card every month at the grocery store and then use the gift card to pay for stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1202 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Hot Deals
That is one strategy but there are fees associated with the cards so unless there were 3-10x fuel points or something I'd be likely to stick with the straight up 3% I get at groceries but with GC after fees you probably can be at 4%, a bit over likely.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1203 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hot Deals
Seems okay but I guess they bet on you spending some for 1% as well by mistake or otherwise.  $500 isn't a lot. If you can be disciplined with it and keep track of spending closely then great.  Gift cards are a pain though I'd hate to do that each month for an extra $10 over a 3% card.  Not worth the hassle.  

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1204 by Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1205 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals

nice tracfone deals at qvc. 15 off with code

www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=tracfone¤tPage=1&sort=Price+-+Low+to+High#plModule

Promo code BIRTHDAY for new customers is $15 off a minimum $50 purchase.  The cheapest phones are priced at $49.99, so won't qualify for the discount on their own.
  2 strategies:  add the cheapest additional item you can to bump the total above $50-- but I don't know whether the free shipping will still apply. (QVC doesn't usually do free shipping, with about $5.50 typical for a phone.)  Search Clearance, sort by price, to find cheap additional item.
  Or pick a phone priced above $50.  Cheapest now is the LG Journey at $54.95.   This might be cheaper than getting your basket above $50.

There are some good choices..  The  $49.95 LG Premiere Pro is one of the few remaining "standard screen ratio" phones, for those who don't like long & skinny. 

And if you're new to Tracfone, stop by the referral thread here & pick someone's referral code to use. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #1206 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Hot Deals
I bought the samsung01at qvc. Faster than my samsung s7. Buy new phone every year with minutes. Much cheaper than 100 annual card that you add to old phone. plus you get wireless headphones and 2 chargers

Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $6.15
Credit: -$15.00

Order Total: $51.14
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #1207 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Hot Deals

www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/citi-custom-cash-card-bonus-cash-back-top-category-2021-6?op=1

Citi Custom Cash card, $200 bonus then 5% cash back in your highest spending category (up to $500)!

There is a $300 SUB in branch offer on this card. Currently scheduled to expire 6/17

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 1 week ago #1208 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Hot Deals
Lowes Gift Card. Get $100, get $15.
6/17-19

www.lowes.com/l/gift-cards.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 month 1 week ago #1209 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Hot Deals
What is the best Prime Day deal on a carrier agnostic phone that's somewhere in the Moto to Samsung range?

My sister in law is with Verizon and needs a new phone but wants to keep her options open to change companies.

More
1 month 1 week ago #1210 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hot Deals

What is the best Prime Day deal on a carrier agnostic phone that's somewhere in the Moto to Samsung range?

My sister in law is with Verizon and needs a new phone but wants to keep her options open to change companies.

How much do you want to spend?

Oneplus 8 $349.99 www.amazon.com/dp/B08723759H
Samsung FE $479  www.amazon.com/dp/B08FYTSXGQ/

Pretty much all the moto range is on sale but nothing jumps out as a super deal:
www.amazon.com/b/?node=23528186011&ref=deals_primeday_deals-grid_slot-5_21f9_dt_dcell_tlt_3_2b1e8463

The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW