Hot Deals

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #1151 by johnsmith
Replied by johnsmith on topic Hot Deals

That MotoG power deal is tempting.

This phone I own and it does disappoint..., go for it!

I think you mean "it does NOT disappoint". 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tech-stitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #1152 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic Hot Deals
 Yep, does not disappoint! 

More
3 months 1 week ago #1153 by sblake5
Replied by sblake5 on topic Hot Deals
I bought one of those on Amazon last October for $59.13 including tax and shipping. It is a much better phone than I expected it to be.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1154 by redrotors
Replied by redrotors on topic Hot Deals

,........I think the Tracfone version may be missing a couple of features of the standard version, though.

Yep, does not disappoint! 

I bought one of those on Amazon last October for $59.13 including tax and shipping. It is a much better phone than I expected it to be.

Not helping me resist! ;)

Curious re the $60 deal on Amazon purchases. Was that unlocked? Part of the buy a phone + a trac SIM/plan deal? OR?

Anyone know if the trac locked one on eBay is indeed missing hardware/lower spec. vs. factory unlocked G7 Power?

If one needs / can use the bundled service and values it at $30-$40 the phone is about $60 but a year until it is unlocked and in order to get that unlock AFAIK the service/SIM needs to stay with the phone for that year.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1155 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Hot Deals
re: my comment about possible missing features on the Tracfone Moto G Power: I haven't been able to confirm this. The Trac XT2041DL does not have NFC or Face Unlock, but I don't know if the standard XT2041 does, either.

Tracfone is big enough to order custom variants, and this is most likely to occur on Motorola models. (The LG's might vary from 'stock', but since the LG model names are also specific to Tracfone, it's not usually apparent.)

The most likely changes are missing fingerprint readers (this one does apparently have it), NFC, slightly downrated cameras (I have not checked this, but will note that the reviews I've read of the Tracfone version praise it's cameras at the price point), and/or less memory (this seems to have standard memory.)

In rare instances, Tracfone might order a different body configuration, and the cases for the standard model won't fit. (If memory serves, the Tracfone Moto E5 is this way, where the E5 Play cases fit, but E5 cases don't-- it's an E5 in an E5 Play body.) This is pretty easy to determine if you search for cases including the model #-- for the G Power, XT2041DL.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1156 by sblake5
The one I bought on Amazon last year was not unlocked.  I purchased a preloaded TracFone sim card with 1200 min/1200 texts and 3 GB of data over a one year period.  It was on sale for $19.99 on eBay.  It will stay in that phone for a year.  The standard XT2041-4 does not have the aforementioned featured either.  I also own two of those.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1157 by redrotors
Paramount+ (previously CBS All Access) free month with promo Code YOUNGER

Should work for new, existing & previous accounts.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1158 by redrotors
Well, the TF Moto G7 Power 2020 deal has hit SD.

Maybe they'll sell out before I waver too much ;)

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1159 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Hot Deals

Well, the TF Moto G7 Power deal has hit SD.

Maybe they'll sell out before I waver too much ;)

Can't believe it took them over 2 days to find it     

I think you mean the G Power (2020) which is the 8th version.  They also sell the G7 Power (called the G7 Optimo maxx just to confuse things further) but it is worth the extra $15 for the G Power (2020) in my opinion.  Nice phone. 

If anyone gets one I recommend a screen protector as the screen scratches fairly easily.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: redrotors

More
3 months 1 week ago #1160 by sblake5
I read a comparison the seems to show the the 2020 version as slightly better overall than the 2021 version of the G Power.
www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Motorola-Moto-G-Power,Motorola-Moto-G-Power-2021/phones/11349,11569
The following user(s) said Thank You: redrotors