Should Tom pay us what cellnuvo owes us? (Orginal)

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #42771 by Isamorph
The link was provided simply for some basic information about LLCs and dissolutions and nothing more.
I benefited from CN by receiving about one year of free cellphone service and nothing more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #42772 by Mark
He doesn't even mention this skeleton in the closet in his LinkedIn profile.
Just disappear? Don't think so in the internet world.
Key words
Tom mannix cellnuvo scam. crook. wannabe politician. Thief. Con artist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #42773 by realLexusl21
We have no clue how cellnuvo was setup. As LLC? Inc? Ect

More
2 weeks 18 hours ago - 2 weeks 18 hours ago #42774 by Isamorph
Not sure how to interpret this Nuvo, LLC stuff.

"This Privacy Policy describes the types of information Nuvo, LLC (“Nuvo”) collects from and about you when you visit our website, cellnuvo.com (“Site”), use our mobile application (the “App”). The Site and App are collectively referred to as the “Services.” This Privacy Policy also explains how Nuvo may use and disclose such information, as well as your ability to control certain uses of it."

"Nuvo, which also operates under the name Cellnuvo, is located in Chicago, Illinois."

www.buzzfile.com/business/Cellnuvo-312-953-8896

cellnuvo.com/privacy.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo, tech-stitch

More
2 weeks 16 hours ago - 2 weeks 16 hours ago #42775 by realLexusl21
So as far as I remember a LLC has less protection for the owner then a inc. So Tom could be held personally financially responsible.

More reason to look into getting what we are due

More
2 weeks 6 hours ago - 2 weeks 6 hours ago #42777 by Diedrich_Duo
All this legal stuff is way above my pay grade, but here's an article that might shed a little light on doing business as an LLC versus incorporating:
www.bizfilings.com/toolkit/research-topics/incorporating-your-business/llc-vs-inc

Of course, there are probably infinite variables (and loopholes?) depending upon where the company is based, so as always, "YMMV".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 week 2 days ago #42854 by scriptninja

realLexusl21 wrote: Can you sue for fake gold/points is the issue ?

I think this is one of the key questions here. Perhaps a slightly different take on it: were the terms of service of CellNuvo written in such a way that Nuvo was actually contractually obligated to deliver specific value for points earned or not? To me, that's question one, and question two is whether or not there is still an entity (Tom himself or otherwise) that can be "shaken down" to fulfill those obligations. Question three is whether you could practically accumulate enough participants and a lawyer.

I'm another one who will not be involved either way - I believe the amount I finally walked away from was between 2000 and 7000 of whatever it was called anymore (silver, last I was really keeping track). I had essentially decided the effort required to earn 10000 per year to keep paying for T-Mobile credit was not worth it anymore and I wasn't going to bother trying to get anything else out of it...that was a while before I found out through this forum that apparently the CellNuvo app was defunct and I was supposed to have switched to Swipir at some point. The amount of credit I walked away from is, to me, not even worth the effort of reinstalling the app to see if I can still find out exactly what that amount is.

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #42855 by realLexusl21
There does not seem to be a desire by most to get what they are due.

Tom won/stole from all of us. Imho