Cellnuvo poof and GONE?????

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 2 days ago #40698 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
I've literally NEVER seen what happened here happen before at any other forum...I am -not- the OP of his thread !!

This guy -was-:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/profile/657-mark

And the below quoted portion is all that remains of what WAS the OP:

Yes, and too easily:

Mark wrote: Can companies just disappear like this?

Since the internut is all about novelty & convenience.

Have a great & attractive idea for some gadget or service ??
Line up funding & let it rip !!
Then, when it becomes burdensome in any manner, ditch it, take whatever remains & vanish.
Imagine the rage any investors must feel - having no routes of recourse...

Personally, the 1st time I got hit with this type of movement was over a decade ago after having bought into a long term service that went -POOF- after less than a year.
(Ringplus was really no different either, no matter how some folks felt they got a good deal after all.)

The internut makes for a layer of protection for shady sellers - now add in another, say - Amazon or Ebay, where foreign sellers ship utter junk in packaging so bad that it cannot survive shipping, and then what ??
How many folks bother to make the efforts to get refunds (and how many of those few succeed...) ??

Is this a new swindle ??
No way.
Look at health insurance that doesn't pay - or insurance in general - no internut needed for the swindlers.

100% internut based companies just add a newer level to the absences of truthfulness, honesty & integrity already quite rampant in this world on the whole.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago - 2 months 4 days ago #40707 by Diedrich_Duo

mmfacemm wrote: OP just went poof and is gone

Not unlike CN, for all we know at this point!

My guess is that either @Mark got a reply and/or CN redemption opportunities, or maybe (and more likely) he just wanted to leave his "Mark". :)

Sure wish we all would get some word from someone official at CN to either update us or just let us know that it's all over.

More
2 months 4 days ago #40708 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic Cellnuvo poof and GONE?????

mmfacemm wrote: OP just went poof and is gone

I'm guessing WITSEC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
2 months 2 days ago - 2 months 2 days ago #40735 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Edited & added to what is now the OP !!

And BTW, this other thread is pretty much about exactly the same thing:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/2876-cellnuvo-abuse#40711

More
2 months 2 days ago #40746 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Cellnuvo poof and GONE?????

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: I've literally NEVER seen what happened here happen before at any other forum...I am -not- the OP of his thread !!

This guy -was-:
www.nthcircle.com/forum/profile/657-mark

My assumption is that Mark deleted his OP. I've seen it happen on other forums, as well-- but perhaps we notice it here more because a lot of us read every post. It can certainly lead to a disjointed read! (I'm glad you quoted the OP.)

It can get stranger-- from my experience, if Mark had deleted his post while you were composing your first reply, Et_Z, your post would have gone 'poof', as well. (At that moment in time, no thread to reply to.) Once the first reply is posted, the thread persists even if the OP is deleted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 months 2 days ago #40748 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Cellnuvo poof and GONE?????
I was trying to delete the whole thread and start another and ask for an answer from cellnuvo since they supposedly read the forum. But lexus read my mind and asked tom already lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, realLexusl21, Diedrich_Duo

More
2 months 2 days ago #40751 by puppydude
I hate so say but this situation is pretty normal for GPT sites. Several have shut down recently but the one's I'm thinking of did give an end date and paid off as long as a minimum amount was still met.

But, I use (or rather did use Koinme) which started out as easy gift cards by running videos with ads unattended. Made probably 600-700 bucks in gift cards. Started out paying once a month like clockwork, then payments were delayed a bit. Long story short,haven't paid since May now and no communication.Email addresses unreachable, sounds sort of like CellNUVO lol.

They owe me 90 bucks but I just quit running it because it looks like they ran with the money and regrettably there is no real recourse. just like CellNUVO, it looks like a lot of people have gotten screwed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
2 months 2 days ago #40753 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Cellnuvo poof and GONE?????

puppydude wrote: I hate so say but this situation is pretty normal for GPT sites...

I hate to admit this, but I didn't recognize 'GPT'-- again, it seems.

TLDR: "Get Paid To"

Read anyway: I used the search function here, and it turns out it's a term that's mostly been used on this forum by puppydude. Seen as a group, the posts are interesting and informative.

Thanks, puppydude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: puppydude

More
2 months 2 days ago #40755 by puppydude

KentE wrote:

puppydude wrote: I hate so say but this situation is pretty normal for GPT sites...

I hate to admit this, but I didn't recognize 'GPT'-- again, it seems.

TLDR: "Get Paid To"

Read anyway: I used the search function here, and it turns out it's a term that's mostly been used on this forum by puppydude. Seen as a group, the posts are interesting and informative.

Thanks, puppydude.

Since you've already searched this for any one else who doesn't know.

Get Paid To is a general term for sites and apps like Swagbucks, Inbox Dollars, CellNUVO,Koinme, FreeUP and etc where users Get Paid To watch ads,do surveys or sign up for stuff.

These GPT sites and apps are pretty much a coin flip, some have been around for years and paid out millions of dollars while some appear and may or may not pay then disappear in a few months.

More
2 months 1 day ago #40774 by st3fx
Replied by st3fx on topic Cellnuvo poof and GONE?????
As of today (September 13, 2019):
* cellnuvo.com domain name expires December 27, 2019
* cellnuvo.com SSL certificate expires October 23, 2019
Will be interesting to see if these are renewed prior to expiration.

Also, here are some other domains associated with the same SSL certificate:
leadvertize.com
nuvopolitical.com
seedary.com
swipir.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, mmfacemm, realLexusl21, tech-stitch