Kiip Class Action Lawsuit

• canon
  • canon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39442 by canon
Received this in my email today. It was in the spam folder but could be legitimate since it's the same email I used for kiip rewards in the CellNUVO app.

Anyone else receive one of these?

If you used a software application integrated with Kiip, Inc.'s advertising platform, you may be entitled to a cash payment from a class action settlement.
A Court authorized this notice to inform you about your rights. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.

A settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit involving claims that Kiip, Inc. ("Kiip") violated the law by using its advertising platform to collect, intercept, or transmit consumers' personal information through a software application without first getting permission from those consumers. Farag et al. v. Kiip, Inc., Case No. 2019-CH-01695 (Ill. Cir. Ct. Cook Cnty.). The proposed settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing by Kiip. Kiip strenuously denies any wrongdoing and the Court has not decided who is right or wrong. Rather, the parties have reached a compromise to end the lawsuit and avoid the uncertainties and costs associated with further litigation.

Am I a Member of the Settlement Class?

You're a member of the settlement class if, between January 1, 2010 and June 13, 2019, you used a software application integrated with Kiip's advertising platform. If you are a member of this class, you may file a claim to request a share of the settlement funds.

What Can I Get from the Proposed Settlement?

The proposed settlement provides for a fund totaling $1,000,000, which will be used to make payments to the class members with valid claims after first making deductions for notice and administration costs, incentive awards to the class representatives, and attorneys' fees for class counsel. If the Court finally approves the settlement, each Settlement Class Member who timely submits a valid claim form will be eligible to receive an equal payment from the Settlement Fund. The exact amount of each Settlement Class Member's payment is unknown at this time; the final amount of each payment will depend on the number of claims submitted and the amount available in the settlement fund after the deductions.

What Are My Options?

To make a claim for a cash payment, you must submit a completed claim form online at [redacted] by September 11, 2019. Alternatively, you can exclude yourself from the settlement by September 11, 2019 if you do not want to be bound by it, but you will not be able to receive a payment from the fund. If you file a claim or otherwise choose not to exclude yourself, you will release any claims you may have against Kiip, as more fully described in the Settlement Agreement, available at the settlement website. You may also object to the settlement by September 18, 2019. The detailed notice available on the website explains how to file a claim, exclude yourself, or object.

When Will the Settlement be Approved?

The Court will hold a Hearing on October 18, 2019 to consider whether to approve the settlement and a request by class counsel for attorneys' fees of up to 40% of the Settlement Fund, plus their costs for their work in the case. The Court will also consider incentive award payments in an amount up to $5,000 to the class representatives. You can appear at the hearing, but you do not have to. You can also hire your own attorney, at your own expense, to appear or speak for you at the hearing. For more information, visit the website below.

For more information and for a claim form, visit [redacted].

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39444 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Kiip Class Action Lawsuit
"request by class counsel for attorneys' fees of up to 40% of the Settlement Fund, plus their costs for their work in the case"

So, 1 cent per person.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39446 by realLexusl21
I do not see same email. Looked in spam.

Scary that they stole information

"I only post/read on nthcircle forum"

• canon
  • canon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cans+String
  • Cans+String
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39447 by canon
Replied by canon on topic Kiip Class Action Lawsuit

PEW wrote: "request by class counsel for attorneys' fees of up to 40% of the Settlement Fund, plus their costs for their work in the case"

So, 1 cent per person.

Ya, I noticed that too...

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39453 by tech-stitch
From what I have seen, it's typical that the lawyers take on these huge commissions on these class action lawsuits...

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39464 by puppydude
Replied by puppydude on topic Kiip Class Action Lawsuit
For what it's worth I just got the Klip class action email about ten minutes ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: realLexusl21

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39465 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Kiip Class Action Lawsuit
Yes I got an email today too.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39466 by tech-stitch
Same

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #39468 by John thomas
Just got it also