Update on swaps - not good.

More
1 week 6 days ago #38298 by puppydude
I play around with some other GPT sites and I generally cash out regularly and not let a balance build up because you never know when one of these sites will go belly up. I know of a couple that have ceased operation in about the last month so it happens.

For whatever reason CellNUVO was paying out too much for ads and stuff to be sustainable. For example, an ad/video on FreeUP pays .01. More realistic.They probably were doing better financially with the app downloads and more surveys before the upgrade to ads only too.

Still trying to swipe a little though ads are pretty slim because I'll give them a chance to survive and hopefully give me something of what they owe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #38347 by mmfacemm
So 4/6/9 month swaps are back. instant/1/2 months are at $0 My pending swaps were returned as points.

???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chosen

More
1 week 5 days ago #38348 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Update on swaps - not good.
puppydude writes: "I play around with some other GPT sites"

Thanks for posting your experience with similar apps. I understand the gist of what you're saying above, but...
what is "GPT"?

More
1 week 5 days ago #38349 by mmfacemm

KentE wrote: puppydude writes: "I play around with some other GPT sites"

Thanks for posting your experience with similar apps. I understand the gist of what you're saying above, but...
what is "GPT"?

Get paid to
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #38353 by mmfacemm
I am not convinced that the troubles cellnuvo are in is down to payout rates. Yes they were high but they seemed to make it work for a couple of years.

I suspect the issue was the way they tried to deliver ads to us. Ads are usually inserted into other activities such as videos, movies, games etc and not delivered directly like what cellnuvo was doing. It is not the way advertising works. It is probably why they had to develop the bingo and lottery games which I suspect was an attempt to meet ad provider guidelines. I suspect the ad provider decided in the end that it wasn't suitable and they dropped cellnuvo. It makes sense since the ads were driving the game rather than the other way round. Now the ad provider seemingly won't pay up. Oh well.

Someone will eventually figure out one of these free cellular plan things. I think even freeup is currently subsidizing coupon printing as I think 10 cents a coupon is still very high. Swagbucks pays 1-2 cents on the same platform.

Then again it may just be easier to do a couple sites like swagbucks and buy your own redpocket or tello plans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lexusl21, Chosen, puppydude

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #38355 by lexusl21
That puts cellnuvo in a bad position. If they changed games to meet ad suppliers rules. They made the games no fun and no one will waste their time. So either way they go out of business.

They should not ask people to swipe under certain rules. Then change the rules. Multiple times.

If Walmart treated you this way you would not shop there.

Yes it's a tight rope. I am sure it is hard. But there's a respectful way of treating customers and a non
respectful

They could only poop on customer so many times before people give up. Okay so mad that they started contacting the FCC ectra.

I always thought Tom or a rep should hold a customer meeting on paltalk. Free app or PC. Where tom could use a mic and give a statement and answer questions. Either by mic or typing.

Would give a lot of good will

They don't seem to care anymore. Lost their soul

More
1 week 5 days ago #38365 by puppydude

mmfacemm wrote: So 4/6/9 month swaps are back. instant/1/2 months are at $0 My pending swaps were returned as points.

???

Probably jinxing myself but my pending swap for September still is showing as active.

More
1 week 5 days ago #38366 by mmfacemm

puppydude wrote:

mmfacemm wrote: So 4/6/9 month swaps are back. instant/1/2 months are at $0 My pending swaps were returned as points.

???

Probably jinxing myself but my pending swap for September still is showing as active.

Are you using the latest version? With the older version it didn't show for me until I updated it to 3.71.

More
1 week 5 days ago #38368 by Chosen
Replied by Chosen on topic Update on swaps - not good.

???

Hoping CN can make it! We’re not about to wait another 4/6/9 months only to be told “Hey guys guess what, we still haven’t been paid.” Writing off our $475 as lesson learned. Best of luck to CN though.

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #38369 by puppydude

mmfacemm wrote:

puppydude wrote:

???

Are you using the latest version? With the older version it didn't show for me until I updated it to 3.71.

Was already using 3.71 but when I shut down the app and rebooted the phone I got all the points back.