Told you so

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #40494 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Told you so
I do hate it when companies pull massive scams to steal from me.

TWA. Northwest Airlines, and US Air clearly shut down operations to keep from honoring the frequent flyer miles members had accumulated. Anyone ever flying on them was an ignorant child who didn't recognize the fraudulent behavior and ponzi scheme for what it was.

Radio Shack was an obvious ponzi scheme built around their Battery Club, promising a free battery each month for life. It's obvious they had no intention of honoring that, but were using it to sucker in new customers for their fraudulent business practices. They owe me a bunch of batteries, and I'm organizing a class action lawsuit.

Sears it doing it to me now-- their ponzi scheme was built around 'guaranteed forever' Craftsman tools. Definitely a ponzi scheme, as they honored that lifetime guarantee to my grandfather, but not for later adopters like me. It was a decades- and generations-long fraud. (I know some say it's poor marketing, product placement, failing to keep up with changes in the marketplace, real estate and pension debtloads, etc, that are killing Sears-- but they're missing the obvious fact that the increasing quantities of guaranteed-forever tools that they had no intention of honoring is the real cause. Sears always planned to shut down to keep from honoring this guarantee, after they'd suckered shoppers into buying all that other stuff. Mark my words, and the proof will be in the pudding when they close their doors.)

And who's going to honor the pile of 'Free Meal after 12 purchases" punchcards I have from those gone-away lunch places I used to go to? Another obvious Ponzi scheme, since the people who ate there earlier than I did, and used the cards as they accumulated, got to redeem their cards: I never would have eaten at all if they'd told me they were going to shut down before I asked for my free sandwiches. I"m filing complaints with the BBB and asking my state attorney general to find the dead horse and file charges, or at least beat it.

Don't even get me started on the fraudulent schemes of Oldsmobile, Suzuki, and Saturn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, realLexusl21, LouP, 112059

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #40498 by rawlek
Replied by rawlek on topic Told you so
Good post, KentE - you made me think more about the use of the word "scam" to describe CN. They did provide services to those able to figure out the system and the cost for doing so was minimal (at least in a monetary sense). "Shady" is probably a little more accurate.

IMHO, the customers that benefited most are the handful of folks on this forum that pooled their experiences and developed a road map of sorts to understand and maximize using CN. For anyone else somehow stumbling on the CN webpage, app or referred via members here, they probably gave up after any number of issues not knowing (or wanting to use) this forum and getting minimal support assistance directly from CN.

CN has periodically used this forum to address and mitigate their business decisions. But they would rarely do any mass postings directly to users via email on important changes that they would address here. I do find that shady or at least highly questionable.

And now, with the company apparently at the end of its life cycle, there is zero communication at all. They could sum it up in all of 2 sentences, allowing folks to either thank them or curse them, but providing closure. The participators of CN deserve at least that.

• als
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
3 weeks 2 days ago #40501 by als
Replied by als on topic Told you so
LOL. I can see it now. An infomercial stating " If you have un-redeemed S and H green stamps laying around and have suffered due to their non redemption you could be entitled to damages. Contact........... laywers llc."
More LOL. I just did a search and here is a site telling you that you can still redeem them!!!! www.wikihow.com/Redeem-S%26H-Green-Stamps

AND . there are buyers and sellers on ebay. www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=s+and+h+greenstamps&_sacat=800
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, 112059

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #40514 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Please don't beat me too mercilessly for adding this !!

There is a primary miscomprehension revealed clearly here.

Strongly related side thought:
Different folks have huge concerns & worries over things like AI & 5G & there are those who still adhere to religious concerns dating from around 1800 and earlier - while almost nobody bothers to look closely at what the current world is and has been doing for some hundreds of years now.

Leading query=>
What is a corporation ??

Basis of the answer:
Artificially created (non-living) entities most often accorded the rights & priviledges of living BEINGS without the moral, ethical & lawful responsibilities which are enforced upon living beings.

The main points of importance in the above for anyone curious enough to verify these to their satisfaction:
- Corporations are under ZERO obligations to be truthful;
- Corporations have a central priority to be profitable;
- The knowledge of relationships differing between those living a lawful path & the corporate entities is denied by the very 'educational' systems which most of the world's populations are forced (by legal means) to endure.

None of the above is 'woowoo' or 'tin foil hat' material EXCEPT when considered by those who are unwilling (and/or unable) to look beyond what they were 'taught' by others who knew no better.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #40518 by KBOrtega
Replied by KBOrtega on topic Told you so

Extraterrestrial_Zoologist wrote: Please don't beat me too mercilessly for adding this !!

There is a primary miscomprehension revealed clearly here.

Strongly related side thought:
Different folks have huge concerns & worries over things like AI & 5G & there are those who still adhere to religious concerns dating from around 1800 and earlier - while almost nobody bothers to look closely at what the current world is and has been doing for some hundreds of years now.

Leading query=>
What is a corporation ??

Basis of the answer:
Artificially created (non-living) entities most often accorded the rights & priviledges of living BEINGS without the moral, ethical & lawful responsibilities which are enforced upon living beings.

The main points of importance in the above for anyone curious enough to verify these to their satisfaction:
- Corporations are under ZERO obligations to be truthful;
- Corporations have a central priority to be profitable;
- The knowledge of relationships differing between those living a lawful path & the corporate entities is denied by the very 'educational' systems which most of the world's populations are forced (by legal means) to endure.

None of the above is 'woowoo' or 'tin foil hat' material EXCEPT when considered by those who are unwilling (and/or unable) to look beyond what they were 'taught' by others who knew no better.

All of the above is true. Cellnuvo behaves the way it does because it can without recourse. Profit dries up, close shop and let the chips fall where they may.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #40519 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Told you so
IKR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist