What is the point in staying?

More
3 days 17 hours ago #37551 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic What is the point in staying?
Just my thoughts--
Tom has never spent much time conversing here after the early days. As long as he/they are reading the forum regularly, there's really no reason for him to post here under most circumstances, if he doesn't have anything new to communicate. Presumably, he gets the feedback he needs from reading comments here.

Judging from the changes in the last upgrade, I think CN is still struggling to get the app to function correctly with the features they were planning on-- notably, the reappearance of the 'placeholder' ads, which seems critical to their income-stream plan. Compatibility with Android 8+ would also be a critical need-- I'm using Android 7, so I was not aware of Android 8+ issues. Yes, it would be nice if Tom could stop in and fill us in on what/why changes are in store.

I'm not running for the hills. I'm not spending significant time swiping, either. It doesn't cost me anything to try it again when watching TV, and watch/wait/hope for some improvement. (Easy for me, since I have the CN/Swipir apps loaded on the same phone I use for FreeUP rewards, so it's fired up daily.) This also isn't radically different than what I did during earlier droughts, either.

I have swaps pending for basically all my savings, as the new system is designed to allow us to do. At least I'm not forced to struggle to get to the point where I can use my once-yearly-phone-purchase option from the old system.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 days 15 hours ago - 3 days 15 hours ago #37554 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
IMO:
No point anymore.

Bearing in mind=> I never took CN too seriously, for several very practical reasons...
- Lack of decent Sprint coverage around here;
- Having been somewhat singed by another 'free' service with wild claims that went 100% flat;
- Regarding CN the same as a video game, as in: not very seriously, ever.

In such situations it helps me to wonder about who is the game piece and who is the token ??
It was obvious that the 'board' was the CN folks and they have by now added lots & lots of squares saying:
'DO NOT PASS GO - DO NOT COLLECT...ANYTHING.'

From the very start, if it had cost me even 5 cents to join up I would have avoided it altogether, and at this late date I don't have any idea what may be left of the 77 'gold' thingies that I never made any use of - nor did I bother to even update the app - mostly because of the lack of ACTIVE participation by Tom & co. .

It is PEOPLE who are behind every great success;
Those who make the idea - and those who adopt it & carry it forth.

Disappoint those carrying the idea along, and that energy dries up & blows away, leaving the makers struggling to carry it somehow without enough hands participating anymore.

Suggestion to figure this all out:
Look at the total time it has been since CN 1st began offering their services in months;
Follow that with some idea of how long it has been more or less dormant, in months;
Subtract the 2nd from the 1st - leaving an idea of the time length in months that it was active, and then=>
Compare the 'active' number with the 'dormant' number...which is larger ??

My personal conclusion:
By now it would take a wildly unlikely miracle of Tom & co. getting loads & loads of folks (advertisers AND users) very, very excited & re-interested AS WELL AS actually showing up regularly here & elsewhere to participate ACTIVELY.

Failing that...I just say...meh.

More
3 days 14 hours ago #37555 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic What is the point in staying?
Et_Z: it takes only a little investment in time to ask for your 77 Gold to be converted to a $77 check or Amazon Gift Card in 4 months. I have little quibble with your analysis that the chances don't look good-- but it's a cheap way to hedge your bet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
3 days 12 hours ago - 3 days 12 hours ago #37558 by SuccessOne
I stay because CN is only app that allows me to earn while watching TV or Youtubes without much efforts. Like Black Friday, if you don't expect sales year round, you'll be okay with the drought or not many ads during non-holiday seasons. It's what it is....I don't think much CN can do if advertisers don't want spend money in March, April, etc

CN so far hasn't cost me any money. Got two phones and a $50 payment to Sprint on my behalf. Now that I can have both Swipir & CellNuvo apps on my phone, I'd sold off some phones on eBay that I don't need! CN just need to fine-tune the games.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Mark

More
3 days 11 hours ago - 3 days 11 hours ago #37560 by lexusl21

SuccessOne wrote: I stay because CN is only app that allows me to earn while watching TV or Youtubes without much efforts. Like Black Friday, if you don't expect sales year round, you'll be okay with the drought or not many ads during non-holiday seasons. It's what it is....I don't think much CN can do if advertisers don't want spend money in March, April, etc

CN so far hasn't cost me any money. Got two phones and a $50 payment to Sprint on my behalf. Now that I can have both Swipir & CellNuvo apps on my phone, I'd sold off some phones on eBay that I don't need! CN just need to fine-tune the games.....

So people who waited 6 plus months for a Amazon gift card for a phone. Who here think it is fair to ask that person to wait another 4 months or take a huge discount to get it sooner? cellnuvo already insulted the users (base) by not grandfather those people.

Also super silver is gone and so does earning during drought.

Plus what makes you think ads for 15 or 30 silver come back?

I do not think they can continue with low paying ads.
Losing veterans who are pissed
Games are a pain and no fun. You have to push an x (popup)for no reason.

I ask an honest question. How can they afford to pay everyone off in 4 months?
With little to no revenue coming in.
The lack of pots in both game and split pot speaks volumes.

More
3 days 5 hours ago #37562 by I_one_2

lexusl21 wrote:

SuccessOne wrote: I stay because CN is only app that allows me to earn while watching TV or Youtubes without much efforts. Like Black Friday, if you don't expect sales year round, you'll be okay with the drought or not many ads during non-holiday seasons. It's what it is....I don't think much CN can do if advertisers don't want spend money in March, April, etc

So people who waited 6 plus months for a Amazon gift card for a phone. Who here think it is fair to ask that person to wait another 4 months or take a huge discount to get it sooner? cellnuvo already insulted the users (base) by not grandfather those people.

Also super silver is gone and so does earning during drought.

Plus what makes you think ads for 15 or 30 silver come back?

I do not think they can continue with low paying ads.
Losing veterans who are pissed
Games are a pain and no fun. You have to push an x (popup)for no reason.

I ask an honest question. How can they afford to pay everyone off in 4 months?
With little to no revenue coming in.
The lack of pots in both game and split pot speaks volumes.

I agree with most of the things you've said and users were, and continue to be, screwed over. Best case is to cash out and call it a day. Once I reach a certain number of points, my plan is to cash out and be done with it.