New CellNUVO app update

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36014 by puppydude
I just got a new update to 3.67.Haven't swiped much yet to see if it's an improvement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, Diedrich_Duo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36021 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic New CellNUVO app update
supposed to be bug fixes for all the spending issues
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diedrich_Duo

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36022 by tech-stitch
Replied by tech-stitch on topic New CellNUVO app update
No much improvement at all with regard ads. Waiting to April since less than one point per swipe is not going to cut it for me (especially with that lol up that is not yet gone on every swipe).

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36026 by Diedrich_Duo

mmfacemm wrote: supposed to be bug fixes for all the spending issues

Ours or theirs? :) Seriously, that would be a huge improvement -- it would be great to have the payments (Amazon or E-check) process within the 5-10 business day window as promised without "error" delays!

For now, I'm still giving CellNUVO the benefit of the doubt. They've overcome bugs before, and hopefully they will overcome these latest bugs, too.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36027 by ceka
Replied by ceka on topic New CellNUVO app update

No success - exactly the same for me after this upgrade and complete uninstall and reinstall of the app: www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/2569-cellnuvo-app-update-3-66?start=0#35692
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmfacemm, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36028 by Diedrich_Duo

ceka wrote: No success - exactly the same for me after this upgrade and complete uninstall and reinstall of the app: www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/2569-cellnuvo-app-update-3-66?start=0#35692

Sorry to hear that. Hope they can get everything working correctly soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ceka

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #36030 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic New CellNUVO app update

ceka wrote:

No success - exactly the same for me after this upgrade and complete uninstall and reinstall of the app: www.nthcircle.com/forum/cellnuvo/2569-cellnuvo-app-update-3-66?start=0#35692

Yes same here. It might be stuck for us since we already have that error and it may need to be manually cleared or to wait until the first payment is paid. Though support told me this update they were working on was supposed to clear this up :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: ceka

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36033 by just-a-cat
Replied by just-a-cat on topic New CellNUVO app update
Had high hopes when I saw this update today. Not one bit better though. Still has that @#$%^*&^%$ popup and the ^%%$#@#$ pause on every single swipe that may or may not even show an ad. All it does is drastically slow the whole process, and is totally unnecessary seeing as how it wasn't that way before and worked just fine. Still seems to pay less than a whole point for too many ads.

As for me, my family, and our circle of formerly happy CellNuvo users - we have almost completely stopped even bothering to use it. I check about once a day to see if there is a new update and that is about it.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #36038 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic New CellNUVO app update
Maybe someone trained their cat to swipe. Guess will have to get a pet monkey and train him to do the swipe and 2 taps. ;p

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #36373 by Chelle
Replied by Chelle on topic New CellNUVO app update
True Confession Time for Chelle:

The reason you haven't seen me complaining about the new app is because I hadn't "up"graded until this afternoon. I figured I'd let y'all blaze the trail and I'd stick with version 3.15.

It was working great for me! I was easily able to knock out my 20 entries per day (which is why I've been winning so much, lately) and was even getting lots of surveys.

The gravy train stopped, last night, when they cut off version 3.15. You can still watch ads-- and there are plenty of them-- but they no longer add to your silver. Dejected, I reluctantly installed version 3.69 on our phones.

The good news: Everything installed perfectly, there were no vestiges of the old app (i.e., phone payment options are no longer there, etc.), my balances transferred okay, and our accounts remained active.

The bad news: It's almost impossible to get an ad to start for the split-pot game. The only entries I've gotten, so far, were from a couple of surveys and a couple of ads. Basically, 4 entries in return for over a hundred swipes.

So, right now, your choices are version 3.15, which has lots of ads but doesn't give you points, or version 3.69, which would (theoretically) give you points but has no ads.

Oh-- and it's no longer one swipe for the split-pot ads. You have to swipe to try to get an ad and then, when you come up empty, you have to swipe to reset it so you can try to swipe again.

I can't even imagine the staff meetings CellNUVO must have had where everyone sat there and tried out the new app and thought:

"Isn't this awesome? They're going to love this new version-- especially with all of the extra unneeded swipes we've programmed in! If we take away all the ads that were in version 3.15, too, it'll be perfect!"

When I look at the catch-22 in versions 3.15 and 3.69 (ads but no points vs. points but no ads) I'm reminded of a time, in the 1980s, when it was illegal to drive a dirty car, in Moscow, and it was illegal to wash your car, in Moscow.

I don't know if those two laws are still in place, but I'm sensing some Russian collusion in the CellNUVO programming department. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frasier1, I_one_2