Surprise in the mail

More
2 years 10 months ago #4488 by tomcellnuvo
Replied by tomcellnuvo on topic Surprise in the mail

lexusl21 wrote: Thanks tom it was just an idea.

Of course I would get beat by most here. Seems many here beat me. They deserve bonus.

Tom did you see my idea on if you have over a hundred thousand in silver. And got sick. Maybe a saftey net you can buy with silver. So you do not have to swipe in 30 days.

Another poster called coma insurance. Lol


Yep. Saw it. It's on our discussion list for sure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • PEW
  • PEW's Avatar
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 years 10 months ago #4491 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Surprise in the mail
Coma Insurance: Maybe deduct 5 gold (5000 silver) per 30 days of inactivity. I think this strikes the balance of making sure people stay engaged while not wiping out all the credits earned/saved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4497 by tomcellnuvo
Replied by tomcellnuvo on topic Surprise in the mail

PEW wrote: Coma Insurance: Maybe deduct 5 gold (5000 silver) per 30 days of inactivity. I think this strikes the balance of making sure people stay engaged while not wiping out all the credits earned/saved.

Your silver is your silver. We don't wipe silver or gold

It's yours
The following user(s) said Thank You: PEW, canon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4502 by Classical_Music
A little late ... but thank you Tom for the hat! The way I found the hat had come was a few days ago my son was wearing the hat!! lol!! He loves to get the mail, so this must have happened when I was at work. Funny! He thinks someone sent him the hat. I am letting him keep the hat...to cute! :)

Thanks again for making his day (mine too)!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4520 by almondseed
Replied by almondseed on topic Surprise in the mail

tomcellnuvo wrote:
...

We are talking about doing daily and then monthly rewards for top credit earners. And not just credits, but of course credit rewards would be a big part of that (I think it would be awesome to give top monthly earner a new S8, but we need to hammer out the prize details).

...

-Tom


In my opinion, rewarding the top earner would be unfair.

Not everyone gets the same amount of ads/surveys. It seems like the amount of ads/surveys you get depend on a lot of variables - location/time/device/etc. Two people can spend the same amount of time a day swiping and they will each earn different amount of credits. I read people had tracked two phones side by side and one phone earns more than the other. Also people can "buy" their way to the top by swiping left and purchase an offer.

To level the playing field, perhaps have a raffle, earn X credits a month and you get entered into the raffle.

Or even have a tiered raffle if you are giving out multiple prizes. Limit 1 prize per tier per person for X months. So if you win a tier 1/2/3 prize, you can't win again until X months later.

Tier 1 = hat
Tier 2 = credits
Tier 3 = phone

Earn between w - x credits, you are entered for tier 1
Earn between x+1 - y, you are entered for tier 1 + 2
Earn between y+1 - z, you are entered for tier 1 + 2 + 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4523 by mmfacemm
Replied by mmfacemm on topic Surprise in the mail

almondseed wrote:

tomcellnuvo wrote:
We are talking about doing daily and then monthly rewards for top credit earners. And not just credits, but of course credit rewards would be a big part of that (I think it would be awesome to give top monthly earner a new S8, but we need to hammer out the prize details).

-Tom


In my opinion, rewarding the top earner would be unfair. Not everyone gets the same amount of ads/surveys. It seems like the amount of ads/surveys you get depend on a lot of variables - location/time/device/etc. Two people can spend the same amount of time a day swiping and they will each earn different amount of credits. I read people had tracked two phones side by side and one phone earns more than the other. Also people can "buy" their way to the top by swiping left and purchase an offer.


I agree (and not because I know I will never be the highest earner no matter how hard I try!!). Just the other day someone posted their earnings rates and mine were not that close. I would swipe for 10 minutes and consistently earn 20- 24 silver a minute and the other person was getting 30-50... I used to earn more but must have done something wrong as I can no longer get as many ads as I used to.

The same people will probably win the highest earnings each month as well. Better to do something that gives everyone a reasonable shot at winning.

- I like the idea of a raffle - you get an entry for the big prize at the end of the month for every X credits you earn. Or you can buy an entry for Y credits if you want a better chance. That way there is some luck involved too for those who don't use it as much but it also rewards people who do earn more.

- Highest number of new referrals added in a month

- Largest improvement from month to month

etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4525 by tomcellnuvo
Replied by tomcellnuvo on topic Surprise in the mail

Classical_Music wrote: A little late ... but thank you Tom for the hat! The way I found the hat had come was a few days ago my son was wearing the hat!! lol!! He loves to get the mail, so this must have happened when I was at work. Funny! He thinks someone sent him the hat. I am letting him keep the hat...to cute! :)

Thanks again for making his day (mine too)!


We have a few extra hats. I'll get you one. Then you and your mini me can go cruise the town in matching hats Email me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Classical_Music

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #4526 by tomcellnuvo
Replied by tomcellnuvo on topic Surprise in the mail

mmfacemm wrote:

almondseed wrote:

tomcellnuvo wrote:
We are talking about doing daily and then monthly rewards for top credit earners. And not just credits, but of course credit rewards would be a big part of that (I think it would be awesome to give top monthly earner a new S8, but we need to hammer out the prize details).

-Tom


In my opinion, rewarding the top earner would be unfair. Not everyone gets the same amount of ads/surveys. It seems like the amount of ads/surveys you get depend on a lot of variables - location/time/device/etc. Two people can spend the same amount of time a day swiping and they will each earn different amount of credits. I read people had tracked two phones side by side and one phone earns more than the other. Also people can "buy" their way to the top by swiping left and purchase an offer.


I agree (and not because I know I will never be the highest earner no matter how hard I try!!). Just the other day someone posted their earnings rates and mine were not that close. I would swipe for 10 minutes and consistently earn 20- 24 silver a minute and the other person was getting 30-50... I used to earn more but must have done something wrong as I can no longer get as many ads as I used to.

The same people will probably win the highest earnings each month as well. Better to do something that gives everyone a reasonable shot at winning.

- I like the idea of a raffle - you get an entry for the big prize at the end of the month for every X credits you earn. Or you can buy an entry for Y credits if you want a better chance. That way there is some luck involved too for those who don't use it as much but it also rewards people who do earn more.

- Highest number of new referrals added in a month

- Largest improvement from month to month

etc


Good stuff here. We are working on this and I'll bring these ideas to dev team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.