Smooth or bumpy Rte. CN road these days ??

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34243 by Extraterrestrial_Zoologist
Just a curiosity - asking for opinions & impressions here:
How are things, generally with Cellnuvo in recent times ??

Going smoothly ?? Lots of big potholes in this bit of road ?? Intermittent bad sections of road ??

Like I said - just curious - my too-old version of the app doesn't even connect anymore.

Since I've been overly busy with more important concerns for months here - now that some of that stuff has eased up I'm looking at changing my CN account to a different device (or not ??) - hence my query.

No miracles expected of course, but pointers will be very appreciated.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34245 by PEW
Have not bother opening the app... will do this week, hoping for some high point Valentines surveys and ads.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34246 by mmfacemm
Slow period for ads but everything is working fine. Plenty of surveys recently and there are some easy app downloads to keep things ticking along. You can still spend your gold and they process them within the time they specify. I won split the pot the other day so that was a nice $4.50 prize. Nothing new to report hence why everything appears quiet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, lexusl21, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #34249 by Diedrich_Duo
My monthly payment requests have gone through with no problems for the past 9 months (although there was, briefly, an issue getting Boost Mobile to accept CN's payment protocol, which fortunately got resolved before my next payment was due). However, even with lots of different VPN locations, turning VPN on and off, doing all the usual tricks like clearing the cache, force-stopping the app, and getting new Google ad IDs, it's been very slow going for the past month or two as far as getting any significant silver to speak of. Other than a few surveys that pop up from time to time, it can take all day to earn 1 gold, so I've given up on that ambitious goal for awhile until the payout rate increases.

That said, with plenty of accrued gold on each of my two accounts, I can afford to wait things out. It's been incredibly nice to have my wife's phone bill covered by CN gold for 9 months in a row, so for me it's been well worth the (swiping) effort, and I hope CN will survive and thrive for a long time!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34250 by Chelle
I've mostly been getting 1 point ads but have been getting lots of surveys, often with payouts of 225 or more-- which also get doubled during the bonus period.

I'm sometimes able to find 15 point anti tobacco ads in Florida or movie ads in Japan.

While times are sparse I've only been doing the 20 bonus entries per day.

If it weren't for the surveys I'd probably take a CellNUVO vacation for a few weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, Diedrich_Duo

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #34255 by Hungry-Hog
Where are you going?

Chelle wrote: I've mostly been getting 1 point ads but have been getting lots of surveys, often with payouts of 225 or more-- which also get doubled during the bonus period.

I'm sometimes able to find 15 point anti tobacco ads in Florida or movie ads in Japan.

If it weren't for the surveys I'd probably take a CellNUVO vacation for a few weeks.

More
1 month 1 week ago #34259 by Chelle

Hungry-Hog wrote: Where are you going?

Chelle wrote: I've mostly been getting 1 point ads but have been getting lots of surveys, often with payouts of 225 or more-- which also get doubled during the bonus period.

Ha! I just meant that I'd take a break from it.

Tonight I got two 300 point surveys that doubled and two 100 point surveys that doubled, so I'm not complaining about the 1 point ads a single bit.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #34260 by amiintoodeep
I haven't been able to earn more than a few hundred silver since the app updated to 3.xx, and literally zero silver in the last 6 months.

That said, I'm on a rooted Android device running 4.2.2 (an outdated operating system) with as many google play/services/framework components disabled as possible. Essentially, I don't have a google ad ID. This might be why I don't get any ads via th CN app anymore.

I'm sitting on a stockpile of 500+ gold that I earned in the "good old days" before CN screwed over Sprint and thus lost a bunch of users' numbers, prior to partnering with RedPocket. My intent is to simply pay my RP bills with CN gold for the next few years, then figure something else out when I need to.

I rely on my cell service for my job, and CN really F'ed me over with their shenanigans. On the order of thousands of dollars. I wrote to CN customer support and even reached out to Tom directly... and he never even apologized (neither he or the CN support at the time even replied to me).

I mention all of this because I want to establish that I am NOT a CellNuvo fanboy by any means. With all that backstory out there... I've had ZERO problems paying for my RedPocket service via CellNuvo for about a year now, even when I've changed plans. CN revamped the support system a while ago and they've been extremely responsive ever since.

I never receive my bonus % credit (silver/gold) that they offered to users to make amends for screwing customers over... but I'm not surprised.

TL;DR: CN has definitely improved since its inception, and it seems to work for some users. I'm more-or-less grandfathered in due to existing balance and swipe a few times per month just to confirm that ads remain non-functional for me. Payments ARE solidly functional, but I have no useful input regarding earning potential.

Also, congrats on making me come out of lurking for many months.

More
1 month 1 week ago #34262 by Mark
All I get is this 1 silver ad...

Attachments:

More
1 month 1 week ago #34267 by KentE
amintoodeep writes: "That said, I'm on a rooted Android device running 4.2.2 (an outdated operating system) with as many google play/services/framework components disabled as possible. Essentially, I don't have a google ad ID. This might be why I don't get any ads via th CN app anymore."

That is why, as has been pointed out in this forum several times..

amintoodeep writes: "I rely on my cell service for my job, and CN really F'ed me over with their shenanigans. On the order of thousands of dollars. "

I don't doubt that the CN problem caused you to lose income. It's been pointed out before that it's never wise to trust your livelihood to a lower-tier provider without a workable fallback plan. Doing so is to risk being hoist by one's own petard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, lexusl21