How do I use my Gold to get RedPocket service?

• Antares
  • Antares's Avatar Topic Author
  • Smoke Signals
  • Smoke Signals
More
7 months 1 week ago #29118 by Antares
I have read most of the posts here on Nth Circle and I can't seem to find out how to get Red Pocket service without paying for the first month myself. I would prefer not to use my money when I have CellNuvo Gold to spend.

I currently do not have a mobile plan with Red Pocket. I have checked my phone and it passes their service check. How do I use my Gold to get a phone plan with Red Pocket?

Does anyone know how to obtain Red Pocket's yearly plan on Ebay or Amazon and have CellNuvo pay for it?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #29120 by Chelle
I would start by purchasing an annual plan, using your gold.

More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #29123 by lexusl21

Chelle wrote: I would start by purchasing an annual plan, using your gold.

Yes that works out great.

Amazon shows two annual plans one for $204 and other $255. Both can be bought using cellnuvo gold

The other would be to buy a redpocket $10 plan (credit card) for the first month plus get redpocket sim card and then send in $10 a month using cellnuvo gold. This can be more headache's then it is worth.

I fully agree with chelle.

EDIT:. I just checked and the $204 unlimited talk ,text, 1 gig data per month is gone and replaced with $249 unlimited talk, text, 2 gig

www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Prepaid-Wireless-Phone/dp/B07FKXMGZ1

Or

$255. Unlimited talk, text 3 gig

www.amazon.com/Red-Pocket-Prepaid-Wireless-Unlmtd/dp/B01D50H1L2

Also it seems they are now charging $4 to $5 shipping that is new. That is unfair since the sim cards come first class mail in small envelope.

Since redpocket charges $5 for a sim card direct with shipping. It seems they are actually charging for the sim card and calling it shipping. Even if you already have a redpocket sim card.

More
More
7 months 1 week ago - 7 months 1 week ago #29126 by lexusl21

Mark wrote: Too bad we cant ebay it.

Much better deals on ebay minus 20% coupon $192

m.ebay.com/itm/Red-Pocket-360-Day-Prepaid-Wireless-Phone-Plan-ULTIMATE-No-Contract/132544686405?hash=item1edc476945%3Ag%3AxW4AAOSwLztbVe24&_nkw=redpocket+plan&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2332490.m4084.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.H0.Xredpo cket+plan.TRS0

Yes Cellnuvo can not be used on eBay. Redpocket refuses to have similar plans and price points. I asked redpocket

Cellnuvo won't allow 6 months plans

So either spend the effort to get $255 plus $4.51 shipping or pay $10 to redpocket and then try to send multiple $10 payment s to redpocket through cellnuvo

More
7 months 1 week ago #29127 by KentE
It seems the issue with paying for the $10/monthly plan at Red Pocket is mostly hassle, and some uncertainty.....
Red Pocket does allow stacked payments, so there really isn't a worry about having to get payments through right before a deadline. The difficulty is that the prepayments don't show in the dashboard for many users, -- necessitating chats with Red Pocket Customer Service to confirm it's there, requesting a transaction number, and keeping a record of it in case of problems later. (And only some customer service agents seem to understand this, and know how to see the 'invisible' payments.)

I believe if you go this way, you also must make individual $10 payments instead of a single payment to cover multiple months.

More
7 months 1 week ago #29128 by akaLTD
Kent is correct. CN is quicker now processing the payment for monthly RP plan. For example, Saturday night I paid for Sept monthly RP plan, gold was deducted Sunday morning & by Sunday afternoon it showed up in the Purchase History. So that part is going quick even over the weekend.

However, my expiration date as of right before I posted this still shows 8/23 even though it should have changed to 9/23. So I keep a log of my payments to I know I've paid for the next month already. And I still have to check come 8/24 to make sure the payment got applied & hold my breath hoping the phone still works. Or contact RP to verify it.

I'm really not prepaying so much as paying early, maybe if I actually prepaid for more months it might show correct exp date. ??

One time out of 4 has my exp date actually showed the correct "prepayment" exp date. So, for me, it's or miss whether the exp date will display correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
7 months 1 week ago #29129 by lexusl21
I had different rp support tell me different stacked payments amount. My dashboard never showed stacked payments and I got tired or arguing with redpocket. The annual plan paid by cellnuvo makes life easier.

I got tired of the monthly fight. Kim always got the stacked ammounts wrong. Even when I told her she swore she was correct. In the end she was proven wrong.

If stacked payments show on your rp dashboard then try that way otherwise. Annual plan is piece of mind
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
7 months 1 week ago #29130 by Mark
Wonder what speed the $249 plan defaults to after using up the 2 gb data...

Attachments:

More
7 months 1 week ago #29132 by Chelle
I think it depends on what network you choose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark