What is the best Paygo plan for Cellbuvo?

More
1 year 1 week ago #17303 by KentE
Michael Corleone, I remember your mention of the ZTE incompatibility with the FreedomPop SIM. I was chalking that up to the ZTE oddities, rather than to something AT&T had done intentionally-- but that might be wrong-- and it's looking more likely if you have the same issue with the Huawei.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #17336 by KentE

Michael Corleone wrote: Just did some research, it seems the drawback for AT&T Prepaid is that the credits expires: ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days, Unused account balance forfeited upon expiration).

Just bought a Huawei Ascend XT2 Walmart black Friday special and I am trying to find the cheapest way to satisfy the 6 months paid requirement to unlock the phone. I don't think it can work with FreedomPop LTE sim unless it's unlocked. It won't allow APN settings to be changed.

This one keeps haunting me....
Michael Corleone, have you seen/tried either of the processes mentioned in the FAQ section of the Slickdeals thread about this phone?

https://slickdeals.net/f/10893711-walmart-at-t-prepaid-huawei-ascend-xt2-16gb-prepaid-smartphone-silver-is-49

Seems like several think the APN failure is due to the seller failing to properly scan the phone on checkout, and there are a few solutions suggested for correction. It appears some are reporting successful use with FreedomPop LTE SIM.
(Note this is only relevant for use with AT&T MVNO's, and doesn't apply to unlocking for T-Mo use.)

More
1 year 1 week ago #17349 by Michael Corleone
@KentE. Thanks. No I have not open the box yet. I'm waiting to collect more info from other users. It appears OTA updates are not available for non AT&T users so I might not keep this phone. I don't like to return opened box phones.

More
1 year 1 week ago #17354 by KentE
re: OTA updates for AT&T phones. I don't know if this always works, but I needed to move a phone temporarily to an AT&T prepaid line-- while there, I put that SIM in the other AT&T devices I had, and updated each in turn. I might recall reading that the same thing could be accomplished with a non-active SIM, but not sure.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #27085 by erik123
I just wanted to confirm that you can pay for AT&T Prepaid with Cellnuvo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #27086 by jamielih

erik123 wrote: I just wanted to confirm that you can pay for AT&T Prepaid with Cellnuvo.

Too bad ATT Prepaid is monthly & doesn't fit my definition of Paygo.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #27088 by mmfacemm

jamielih wrote:

erik123 wrote: I just wanted to confirm that you can pay for AT&T Prepaid with Cellnuvo.

Too bad ATT Prepaid is monthly & doesn't fit my definition of Paygo.

they have paygo plans - they like to hide them though.

25c a minute or $2 a day plan (paid on days you use it - unlimited talk and text). I think $80 or $100 is the min yearly top up required.

Scroll down to the bottom...
www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 days 19 hours ago #31994 by PEW
What's the latest on best non-sprint based paygo deal?

More
5 days 18 hours ago #31995 by KentE

PEW wrote: What's the latest on best non-sprint based paygo deal?

Can you define how much use you'd anticipate? Might well make a difference.
And, are you asking about 'eligible for CN payment'?

More
5 days 18 hours ago #31996 by Chelle

PEW wrote: What's the latest on best non-sprint based paygo deal?

Probably T-Mobile. $3/mo gives some talk, text and data and then you pay for what you use.