What is the best Paygo plan for Cellbuvo?

• LouP
  • LouP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
1 year 1 week ago #17285 by LouP
It looks like the only Paygo options as of now to pay with the cellnuvo app are tmobile and ATT......but many more options when Amazon purchases are available with the app

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #17288 by Michael Corleone
Just did some research, it seems the drawback for AT&T Prepaid is that the credits expires: ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days, Unused account balance forfeited upon expiration).

Just bought a Huawei Ascend XT2 Walmart black Friday special and I am trying to find the cheapest way to satisfy the 6 months paid requirement to unlock the phone. I don't think it can work with FreedomPop LTE sim unless it's unlocked. It won't allow APN settings to be changed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouP

More
1 year 1 week ago #17289 by mmfacemm
Yes cheapest is the $3 tmobile plan. Followed by $100 a year on Att then redpocket $10 a month plan.

When amazon is added slot speedtalk in between tmobile and Att at $60 a year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LouP

More
1 year 1 week ago #17292 by Michael Corleone
Hope Tello becomes an option sooner rather than later. Amazon first of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gethome, LouP

More
1 year 1 week ago #17294 by KentE

Michael Corleone wrote: Just did some research, it seems the drawback for AT&T Prepaid is that the credits expires: ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days, Unused account balance forfeited upon expiration).

Just bought a Huawei Ascend XT2 Walmart black Friday special and I am trying to find the cheapest way to satisfy the 6 months paid requirement to unlock the phone. I don't think it can work with FreedomPop LTE sim unless it's unlocked. It won't allow APN settings to be changed.

Huh.... not like I have tons of experience, but this would be the first AT&T Prepaid phone I've heard of that won't allow an APN change-- generally speaking, AT&T is fine with their prepaid phones being used on other AT&T MVNOs, including FreedomPop LTE SIM.

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #17296 by Isamorph

Michael Corleone wrote: Just did some research, it seems the drawback for AT&T Prepaid is that the credits expires: ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days, Unused account balance forfeited upon expiration).

Would unlocking this phone with an unlock code solve your problem. There are several sites online about doing so, the following being one:
theunlockingcompany.com/blog/2017/11/08/unlock-huawei-ascend-xt2-unlock-code/

More
1 year 1 week ago #17298 by Michael Corleone
I think many have tried and no one has actually done a carrier unlock yet. Some on eBay offer to do it for $25 which I won't try. Moto E4 only costs $2 to unlock. I have not open the box yet but from what I read, if you put a FP LTE SIM in it it'll ask for the unlock code. One user tried Red Pocket SIM, it doesn't ask for unlock code but it can't make calls...Red Pocket support told him he needs the unlock code to make calls.

Isamorph wrote:

Would unlocking this phone with an unlock code solve your problem. There are several sites online about doing so, the following being one:
theunlockingcompany.com/blog/2017/11/08/unlock-huawei-ascend-xt2-unlock-code/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph

More
1 year 1 week ago #17300 by Michael Corleone
Not the first one. My earlier generation of unlocked AT&T Maven (Z812) also won't work with FreedoomPop LTE SIMs. It won't allow APN to be set.

KentE wrote:

Huh.... not like I have tons of experience, but this would be the first AT&T Prepaid phone I've heard of that won't allow an APN change-- generally speaking, AT&T is fine with their prepaid phones being used on other AT&T MVNOs, including FreedomPop LTE SIM.

• LouP
  • LouP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Pigeon
  • Pigeon
More
1 year 1 week ago #17301 by LouP

Michael Corleone wrote: I think many have tried and no one has actually done a carrier unlock yet. Some on eBay offer to do it for $25 which I won't try. Moto E4 only costs $2 to unlock. I have not open the box yet but from what I read, if you put a FP LTE SIM in it it'll ask for the unlock code. One user tried Red Pocket SIM, it doesn't ask for unlock code but it can't make calls...Red Pocket support told him he needs the unlock code to make calls.

I can verify that the Moto E4 works with the ebay unlock codes and FP LTE SIM...it is an excellent phone!

More
1 year 1 week ago #17302 by Michael Corleone
Yes, Moto E4 works with FP LTE SIM just fine. It's a great phone.

Has anyone tried the $7.00 ZTE Maven 3 from Best Buy using FP LTE SIM?

LouP wrote:

Michael Corleone wrote: I think many have tried and no one has actually done a carrier unlock yet. Some on eBay offer to do it for $25 which I won't try. Moto E4 only costs $2 to unlock. I have not open the box yet but from what I read, if you put a FP LTE SIM in it it'll ask for the unlock code. One user tried Red Pocket SIM, it doesn't ask for unlock code but it can't make calls...Red Pocket support told him he needs the unlock code to make calls.

I can verify that the Moto E4 works with the ebay unlock codes and FP LTE SIM...it is an excellent phone!