Tmobile business plan group $15 unlimited - details on how to join.

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 1 week ago #1 by KentE
I don't know the details on how this works-- but isn't it likely to get killed off by T-Mobile at some point, just as the reseller plans do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #2 by mmfacemm

I don't know the details on how this works-- but isn't it likely to get killed off by T-Mobile at some point, just as the reseller plans do?

I guess it depends on the particular agreement that the business owner signs. 

Resellers are different in that they are trying to make a business out of reselling.  And tmobile probably has rules against that in this kind of agreement. They would have a separate agreement with resellers with rules set out about what they can and can't do.  

This particular business owner in charge is apparently not profiting from this.  He has a legitimate business and he is the one with an agreement with tmobile.  Is this against the terms of the agreement? no idea.  I don't have access to that.  It may be that he is free to distribute lines to anyone he pleases.  He is ultimately responsible for paying for it all. 

But yes if unsure don't join in. I'm probably not going to.

If you have a number you can't lose don't port it in. Use google voice or get a new one.  

Thanks for your thoughts KentE.

I'll take the details down just in case there is anything they are doing that they are not supposed to be doing.  If anyone really wants the link they can send me a message.  

More
1 month 1 week ago #3 by Phoniac
I have sent you a PM. Thanks.

• KentE
  • KentE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 month 1 week ago #4 by KentE

I'll take the details down just in case there is anything they are doing that they are not supposed to be doing.  If anyone really wants the link they can send me a message.  

I wasn't trying to imply anything wrong with your original post! -- just interested in thoughts about the long term viability of this type of 'business' plan, and your post made clear you weren't endorsing the plan.  I've read through some of the discussion about this planned group on Reddit, and was intrigued, even though it did make me wonder about the stability of the plan & the details of how the individual and group would manage the plan.  Personally, I'm not sure I'd consider it more risky than a lot of speculative MVNOs or commercial resellers--except that it's all hanging on a single individual who's reasons for supporting the plan could change at any time.  

I agree with you that it would be best not to move a primary number to this type of plan.