• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
More
2 weeks 1 day ago #43522 by Isamorph
Replied by Isamorph on topic Done deal
" according to three people briefed on the matter." Let's hope these unknown three people with "insider" knowledge, who are evidently connected to the 60% Sprint stock rise, are correct.

www.nytimes.com/2020/02/10/business/media/sprint-tmobile-merger.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 12 hours ago - 2 weeks 12 hours ago #43533 by Isamorph
Done deal, indeed. We should have bought some Sprint stocks a week ago. But let's see what the California regulators do, given California is the 6th largest economy in the world where 1 out of 8 US citizens reside.

www.cnbc.com/2020/02/11/sprint-soars-after-judge-approves-its-merger-with-t-mobile.html
www.marketwatch.com/story/t-mobile-sprint-merger-could-be-derailed-by-california-regulators-2020-01-26

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Smartphone
  • Smartphone
More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #43536 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Done deal
As they say, follow the money. 70% gain of sprint stock. Wish I was in the know. $$$

More
2 weeks 10 hours ago #43537 by y4vix
Replied by y4vix on topic Done deal
Not a good day for Free Enterprise.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
2 weeks 1 hour ago #43546 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Done deal

Mark wrote: As they say, follow the money. 70% gain of sprint stock. Wish I was in the know. $$$

Not as impressive as Tesla over the last month. ;)

More
1 week 6 days ago #43555 by ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905
so my question is will it become sprint or tmobile? ive read different articles stating its tmobile buying sprint & then others stating sprint buying tmobile. and finally if its tmobile what will become of sprints multiple mvno's, some of which have become some of the better companies out there.

More
1 week 6 days ago #43558 by Isamorph

ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905 wrote: so my question is will it become sprint or tmobile? ive read different articles stating its tmobile buying sprint & then others stating sprint buying tmobile. and finally if its tmobile what will become of sprints multiple mvno's, some of which have become some of the better companies out there.

I read somewhere yesterday that current Sprint customers would transition to T mobile accounts and network and Sprint MVNO customers would become "Dish" customers. Whether that is true or not is anyone's guess.

More
1 week 6 days ago #43559 by KentE
Replied by KentE on topic Done deal

ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905 wrote: so my question is will it become sprint or tmobile? ive read different articles stating its tmobile buying sprint & then others stating sprint buying tmobile. and finally if its tmobile what will become of sprints multiple mvno's, some of which have become some of the better companies out there.

It will be T-Mobile.
The question about Sprint's multiple mvno's is a big one, and one that likely consumes the thoughts of the MVNO's, too.

T-Mobile has promised to honor (at least some) pricing for MVNO's, at least for those who requested a price-protection guarantee for some number of years. (This will likely be protection only insomuch as T-Mobile decides not to poach those customers away from MVNOs by possibly temporary price reductions on the mothership, and I might guess there is plenty of wiggle-room in those promises.)

There will be a period when the Sprint network continues largely untouched (other than that there will be no additional investment in dedicated Sprint backbone.)

...Followed by a period of repurposing towers & eliminating some. (LIkely meaning worse coverage for those still using the Sprint network.) There will likely be a period when the network availability is 'merged' between the 2 carriers, allowing subscribers to both networks to use service on the other. (Limited to those phones that have the capability of accessing both networks, which won't be many of the older Sprint-network phones.)

I agree completely that some of the Sprint MVNOs have been industry-best, some in terms of pricing, some in customer service, and a few in both categories. I hope the good ones all find a viable way forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist, ferocious-onyx-glossy-iguana-210905

More
1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #43592 by Isamorph
"It ain't over til it's over." There may be "one more thing", as Steve Jobs was fond of saying, before "done deal" can be said, for Deutsche Telekom has to agree to the terms of the deal, which they seem to want to change.

www.mobileworldlive.com/featured-content/top-three/t-mobile-sprint-merger-faces-fresh-uncertainty/?ref=NWIDA
The following user(s) said Thank You: Extraterrestrial_Zoologist