Sprint Franklin R850 turns off by itself

More
1 week 5 days ago #41126 by Chelle
I ran mine for a long time with no battery which is why I'm leaning toward a bad cable or power module.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, realLexusl21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 hours ago #41223 by Isamorph
I'm curious about the fate of your hotspot. Problem solved or not?

More
6 days 14 hours ago #41225 by peterquinn

Isamorph wrote: I'm curious about the fate of your hotspot. Problem solved or not?

On a couple occasions, the internet got turned off while the hotspot device was still on. Another time, it turned off by itself. So no, problem not solved as yet :-(

Thinking of trying to check band strength, but I'm not sure I know how to do that. How exactly do I go about doing what Isamorph had suggested? -- "You could try different bands while seeing how many bars the device gets on each one, but checking up and downloads speeds on each band using speedtest.net would be more precise" Do I use a Sprint phone, or go to speedtest.net on a laptop?

Thanks folks!

More
6 days 13 hours ago - 6 days 12 hours ago #41227 by Isamorph

peterquinn wrote:

Isamorph wrote: I'm curious about the fate of your hotspot. Problem solved or not?

On a couple occasions, the internet got turned off while the hotspot device was still on. Another time, it turned off by itself. So no, problem not solved as yet :-(

Thinking of trying to check band strength, but I'm not sure I know how to do that. How exactly do I go about doing what Isamorph had suggested? -- "You could try different bands while seeing how many bars the device gets on each one, but checking up and downloads speeds on each band using speedtest.net would be more precise" Do I use a Sprint phone, or go to speedtest.net on a laptop?

Thanks folks!

If you have access to Google play store on the phone, you can download the speedtest.net app and check the speed of the internet connection while the hotspot is on one specific band or another, or do the same with the laptop by going to the speedtest.net website and running the speed tests. You might want to run the speed tests more than once since internet speeds differ from moment to moment and at different times of the day. You should have settings on the hotspot where you can set it to use a specific band and then do a speed test. Then reset the hotspot to use a different band and do a speed test on that band... and so on. I can't remember if you can set the hotspot to a specific band using both the device itself and the online portal or just the latter. Anyway, below is a link to the settings.

fccid.io/XHG-R850/User-Manual/Users-Manual-2838364.html#pf27