Sprint Free Year Promo End Date

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30658 by KentE

Chelle wrote: I believe that you're now, officially, the world's foremost expert on LG X Charge phones!

I believe it's largely your fault, if I am. Your glowing reports on the X Charge is why I went shopping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30662 by Chelle

KentE wrote:

Chelle wrote: I believe that you're now, officially, the world's foremost expert on LG X Charge phones!

I believe it's largely your fault, if I am. Your glowing reports on the X Charge is why I went shopping.

They're great phones. I'm just getting ready to move one from FreedomPop to the Sprint free year.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30663 by bingyee

KentE wrote: Non-US601 versions of the LG X Charge:
M322: Xfinity Mobile. I thinked locked to Xfinity, but unlockable. Likely not whitelisted for Sprint.

The Xfinity Mobile version is unlockable. Once unlocked it will work for GSM + Verizon but not Sprint. It doesn't support the LTE bands that Sprint utilizes.

I learned this after buying two of these about a year ago where Xfinity gave you an immediate discount that fully covered the price of the phone. Essentially, I paid sales tax only. After "buying" them at full price, I immediately called Xfinity to unlock them. Once unlocked I took out the SIMs and put them into iPhones. The X Charges then got listed on eBay. At the time, it was the most cost-effective way of doing BYOD on Xfinity.

Xfinity has changed their unlock policies since then so now you have to wait about 6 weeks before they will unlock any phone you buy from them, even if you pay full price. Xfinity also changed their promotions so that you have to keep a new line active for at least 90 days, after which they will send you a debit card rebate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 1 week ago #31080 by Chelle
Promo has been extended, again.

New end date is 1/31/2020.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, PEW, lexusl21

More
4 months 1 week ago #33381 by joseph
Does the Sprint free year promo work if porting to Sprint from a MVNO on the Sprint network?

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #33382 by Isamorph

joseph wrote: Does the Sprint free year promo work if porting to Sprint from a MVNO on the Sprint network?

Doesn't look like it.

"Note 4: This offer will work with any number coming from AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon (including their MVNO networks) and all other non-Sprint networks including bandwidth.com (Google Voice), FreedomPop, number barn and others. You must supply your current carrier's account number and pin to port into Sprint. Any eligible phone will work. The eligible phone you would like to use with Sprint does NOT have to be tied to your ported number."

"-You must have your own eligible phone, the specific sim card for that phone, a number to port in from a non sprint "family of providers"[basically a sprint competitor] {it can be pre paid, post paid, from google voice, number barn, freedom pop}."

slickdeals.net/f/10235008-sprint-byod-1-year-unlimited-talk-text-data-free-w-eligible-device-sim-req?prop=prd-26041%7Cts-35161%7Cprt-1&src=featured-26041-35161
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph

More
4 months 1 week ago #33386 by joseph
Can a Sprint flip phone be used with this promotion?

More
4 months 1 week ago #33387 by Isamorph

joseph wrote: Can a Sprint flip phone be used with this promotion?

Good question. If it is not on any carrier or MVNO and one has a number from AT&T, Version, Tmobile, Google Voice, etc. to port in, it may work since the number ported in doesn't have to be associated with the phone one is going to use on the plan. You can see if it's considered eligible on the Sprint website with the checker.

www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-phone-to-sprint.html?INTNAV
The following user(s) said Thank You: joseph

More
4 months 1 week ago #33389 by st3fx

Isamorph wrote:

joseph wrote: Can a Sprint flip phone be used with this promotion?

Good question. If it is not on any carrier or MVNO and one has a number from AT&T, Version, Tmobile, Google Voice, etc. to port in, it may work since the number ported in doesn't have to be associated with the phone one is going to use on the plan. You can see if it's considered eligible on the Sprint website with the checker.

www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-phone-to-sprint.html?INTNAV

Here is the promo BYOD check tool:
www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring-your-own-phone.html?phone=byod

The promo does require an eligible device, though you may be able to swap handset to flip phone once the line is established without jeopardizing promo. This handset swap can be done via Sprint website.

More
4 months 1 week ago #33391 by KentE
When I signed up for the Sprint Unlimited Free plan, it was necessary to sign up with one of the multi-carrier phones on the list. I've read some comments that it's now possible to use Sprint Postpaid pones, instead of the unlocked multi-carrier phones.

In any case, once you have the line active, you can swap to any device eligible for use with Sprint Postpaid, including Sprint-branded phones.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, st3fx