Sprint Free Year Promo End Date

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
7 months 3 days ago #30536 by PEW
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 days ago #30566 by tom88
I already port out all the lines but the online account still able to log in without any lines showing. Is that mean the account still active and I cannot use the same ss number to create another account?

More
7 months 2 days ago #30569 by Nunodat
No, you won't be able to use the same SSN to crewte another free account.

Sprint doesn't immediately remove online access to closed accounts. Some closed accounts have remained accessible online for as long as a year.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
7 months 1 day ago #30577 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
The deprioritization on the free acct is horrible. Even with LTE signal, it lags big time. Using my FP LTE SIM with 5 GB bonus now... Much faster and smoother.

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30626 by Mark
So if i buy the lg charge and port my number from redpocket to sprint i can get on this sprint plan? Or can i just buy the lg charge and get a new number and get with sprint. I'm with red pocket att now.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30627 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
You just need the device and to port in a number (can be Freedompop)... the 2 don't need to be related in any way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, Mark

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #30633 by KentE

Mark wrote: So if i buy the lg charge and port my number from redpocket to sprint i can get on this sprint plan? Or can i just buy the lg charge and get a new number and get with sprint. I'm with red pocket att now.

Not all LG X Charge phones will work. As far as I know, the only one for certain is the Amazon Exclusive factory-unlocked version, and it's been OOS for quite some time at Amazon. (Model US601, I think-)

The X Charge from Boost Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, and Xfinity will likely not work, even if they're unlocked by the end user.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30646 by Mark
Kty. I need to swipe to earn some more gold

More
6 months 4 weeks ago - 6 months 4 weeks ago #30656 by KentE
re: LG X Charge: this is the hardest phone to figure out. the unlocked versions have not been heavily promoted. After reading some very positive reports from users, I went looking for one, but Amazon had sold out, and the other retailers I could find listing the phone had differing information about usage with Sprint. The information I can find is sketchy and incomplete, and it doesn't help at all that LG decided to market many versions of this phone under the same "LG X Charge" name.

The LG site currently lists 3 versions of the US601.
US601.AUSASV Amazon Prime Exclusive. This is the one that I know for sure will be accepted by Sprint on the Unlimited Free plan, but out of stock for quite a while.

US601- Unlocked. (No suffix added). The LG site says it's available through BH Photo and Walmart, and that it's 3-carrier compatible like the Amazon version. BH Photo lists it as the same US601.AUSASV model that Amazon listed, but indicates it's not Sprint compatible. Walmart also lists the same full US601.AUSASV model #, but says it is Sprint compatible. (BH Photo has the better price.)

US601-ACG Has the same bands as the versions above, and seems to have functional CDMA. But.... it appears locked to ACG carriers (Associated Carrier Group, a coalition of small independent CDMA netwqrks.) So even if CDMA capable, it may not be whitelisted by Sprint, and is likely SIM-locked to ACG carriers only, subject to their unlocking policy. LG website says it's available thru Fry's. The link at Fry's says it's the US601.AUSASV model, not US601-ACG.

Non-US601 versions of the LG X Charge:
M322: Xfinity Mobile. I thinked locked to Xfinity, but unlockable. Likely not whitelisted for Sprint.

SP320 Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile branded. Should be locked to Boost/Virgin, and should not be accepted by Sprint Postpaid even after fulfilling the usage requirements for unlocking. Eligible for Sprint MVNOs after unlocking, but I don't know what happens with GSM capability.

SP320 Sprint: eligible on Sprint postpaid, but should not be eligible for the Unlimited Free offer (since it's not multi-carrier). Sweet-talking might get it through. Locked to Sprint Postpaid until it's met FEC requirements and unlocked by Sprint. (I don't know what networks are usable after official unlocking.)

M327: Cricket. GSM, locked to Cricket, unlockable for GSM. I don't know about CDMA capability, but it won't be whitelisted by Sprint even if the phone is technically compatible.

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
6 months 4 weeks ago #30657 by Chelle
I believe that you're now, officially, the world's foremost expert on LG X Charge phones!