Sprint Free Year Promo End Date

• JoJack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 2 weeks ago #21946 by JoJack
Replied by JoJack on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
Well, Sprint's has an earnings report tomorrow before markets open for the fiscal quarter ending Dec 2017. In light of subscriber numbers for the competition, it'll be interesting to see how they do in that respect. I wish them well, but they've been paddling upstream for quite some time now. The Sprint brand sure has devolved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22082 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
end date in time for...

Sprint Says It Will Offer Nationwide 5G By Mid-2019
www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=20130

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22101 by Chosen

PEW wrote: Yep. Topped up $10, then $30. Zero out of pocket so far.
Need to feed about $90 for my year of service x3 lines.

This is very clever! So please correct me if I'm wrong....theoretically, you could pay Sprint the small monthly charges during the promotional period with Cellnuvo transfers and with continued "Swiping" store up enough Gold to pay Sprint's full price monthly bill after the promotion ends?

More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #22105 by mmfacemm

Chosen wrote:

PEW wrote: Yep. Topped up $10, then $30. Zero out of pocket so far.
Need to feed about $90 for my year of service x3 lines.

This is very clever! So please correct me if I'm wrong....theoretically, you could pay Sprint the small monthly charges during the promotional period with Cellnuvo transfers and with continued "Swiping" store up enough Gold to pay Sprint's full price monthly bill after the promotion ends?

Yes you could. I've paid all my sprint fees for my free year with one payment. One good thing about sprint is that you can add credit to your account without having a bill to pay. You can pay whatever and any excess over the amount owed to sprint for each month simply stores up as a credit balance and rolls over indefinitely. When a new bill comes in it takes payment from the credit first. So there is little risk in making sure your bills are paid on time.

I think you can even pay for a phone from sprint if you have enough as long as the charges go to the bill then you can use your cellnuvo credit to pay for it. eg a lease with monthly charges. Things like shipping costs and initial payments will have to come out of pocket. I've not done it myself but that it should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chosen

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22117 by Chosen
Yes you could. I've paid all my sprint fees for my free year with one payment. One good thing about sprint is that you can add credit to your account without having a bill to pay. You can pay whatever and any excess over the amount owed to sprint for each month simply stores up as a credit balance and rolls over indefinitely. When a new bill comes in it takes payment from the credit first. So there is little risk in making sure your bills are paid on time.

I think you can even pay for a phone from sprint if you have enough as long as the charges go to the bill then you can use your cellnuvo credit to pay for it. eg a lease with monthly charges. Things like shipping costs and initial payments will have to come out of pocket. I've not done it myself but that it should work.[/quote]

Awesome! So on your Sprint account did you turn off auto pay or just leave it enabled? Is Sprint smart enough to see the "credit balance" and not put the auto pay through? I have an eligible iPhone and SIM card from Sprint, sure would like to try this.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22118 by mmfacemm

Chosen wrote:
Awesome! So on your Sprint account did you turn off auto pay or just leave it enabled? Is Sprint smart enough to see the "credit balance" and not put the auto pay through? I have an eligible iPhone and SIM card from Sprint, sure would like to try this.

No you should leave autopay on as the free plan is $5 a month without autopay on.

Yes sprint takes from the credit first. If there is anything left to pay it will autopay the rest otherwise the autopay will be $0.

I’ve had a credit for a few billing cycles and it has worked this way each time.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22212 by jamielih

Chosen wrote:

jamielih wrote: I managed to get my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 re-SKUed for postpaid this morning

Could you please share how you went about this? I'm attempting to do the same thing with a Sprint Galaxy Note 4, haven't had any success yet :(

Long process requiring patience. Here's the gist of my timeline.

1. Called Sprint to swap my Galaxy S6 into my free unlimited line, which had a Moto G4. Took quite a bit to convince rep that it needs to be re-SKUed after the rep initially said the device is ineligible.
2. Rep transferred to a department (for re-SKUing, presumably), where a tech(?) re-SKUed it & told me that it was ready, after she typed some bit & worked for some time.
3. Tech couldn't transfer me back, so I had to make new call to Sprint. The S6 was still ineligible for some reason. I was transferred to department for re-SKUing & got a different tech. I explained what happened, & they couldn't help me fix it, but opened a ticket.
4. After a couple of days, I received a call on the Sprint number on the G4 to troubleshoot the issue, & try to re-SKU, live on the call. They failed, & had to open a ticket higher level tech.
5. After a couple of days, I received a call on the Sprint number on the G4 from the last person to open a ticket, who told me that the problem was resolved by the higher level tech. Live on the call, he helped me activate device.

There are more details to that, & some of the exact details above may be incorrectly recalled, but the gist is what happened, especially the multiple tickets. The first rep (1 above) was friendly, hard to understand, & very annoying to convince about re-SKUing. The 1st & 2nd techs (2 & 3 above) were friendly & efficient.The 3rd tech (4 & 5 above) was friendly, & very willing to spend as much time on the phone as necessary to get me through the problem to an end, be it working, or just not re-SKUable. Thankfully, it re-SKUed.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #22225 by Chosen

jamielih wrote:

Chosen wrote:

jamielih wrote: I managed to get my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 re-SKUed for postpaid this morning

Could you please share how you went about this? I'm attempting to do the same thing with a Sprint Galaxy Note 4, haven't had any success yet :(

Long process requiring patience. Here's the gist of my timeline.

1. Called Sprint to swap my Galaxy S6 into my free unlimited line, which had a Moto G4. Took quite a bit to convince rep that it needs to be re-SKUed after the rep initially said the device is ineligible.
2. Rep transferred to a department (for re-SKUing, presumably), where a tech(?) re-SKUed it & told me that it was ready, after she typed some bit & worked for some time.
3. Tech couldn't transfer me back, so I had to make new call to Sprint. The S6 was still ineligible for some reason. I was transferred to department for re-SKUing & got a different tech. I explained what happened, & they couldn't help me fix it, but opened a ticket.
4. After a couple of days, I received a call on the Sprint number on the G4 to troubleshoot the issue, & try to re-SKU, live on the call. They failed, & had to open a ticket higher level tech.
5. After a couple of days, I received a call on the Sprint number on the G4 from the last person to open a ticket, who told me that the problem was resolved by the higher level tech. Live on the call, he helped me activate device.

There are more details to that, & some of the exact details above may be incorrectly recalled, but the gist is what happened, especially the multiple tickets. The first rep (1 above) was friendly, hard to understand, & very annoying to convince about re-SKUing. The 1st & 2nd techs (2 & 3 above) were friendly & efficient.The 3rd tech (4 & 5 above) was friendly, & very willing to spend as much time on the phone as necessary to get me through the problem to an end, be it working, or just not re-SKUable. Thankfully, it re-SKUed.

Wow! Thanks jamielih for pointing me in the right direction. Appreciate you sharing your experience with Sprint tech support. Now I know what the journey looks like.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
9 months 1 week ago #26526 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
Any guess of whether the promo will be extended again after May?

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #26530 by Zubrin
Actually the current rumor is that the promo offer will end on 5/17/18.