Sprint Free Year Promo End Date

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
5 months 1 week ago #34122 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
Friend noticed new promo only mentions bring your AT&T or Verizon phone. Fortunately, I tried his T-Mo # and it shows eligible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #34795 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
eBates shows the Sprint 1 year free good until Apr 4, 2019. I guess that's the next point where Sprint will decide whether to extend the offer again or not. So first few days of April is probably a good time to see if the offer has been extended again... and if not, get in on the last renewal of the year free plan.

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #34855 by Chelle
Tech Tip:

If you sign up for the free year and then accidentally put a FreedomPop LTE SIM in your phone instead of the correct Sprint SIM it will not activate, no matter how many times you try.

#doofus
#needmorecoffee
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE

More
4 months 1 week ago #34857 by johnsmith

Chelle wrote: Tech Tip:

If you sign up for the free year and then accidentally put a FreedomPop LTE SIM in your phone instead of the correct Sprint SIM it will not activate, no matter how many times you try.

#doofus
#needmorecoffee

we all still love you Chelle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chelle, LouP

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
4 months 1 week ago #34877 by PEW

More
4 months 1 week ago #34890 by LiterallyUnlimited
"Word on the street" is that it's ending. This is also terrible sourcing. Sprint has said "get in now" for a while on the free promo because it's a limited-time offer. That was almost 2 years ago. Every month for two years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, Chelle, Isamorph

More
4 months 1 week ago #34891 by mmfacemm
My opinion is that it will end when the merger goes through.

More
4 months 1 week ago #34892 by unbeknownst to me
A question for those of you who have actually completed a full year on this free plan:
What happens on the 13th month?
Does every thing simply end or do you have to take specific action so that your credit card won't be billed "ongoing" at the regular rate beginning on the 13th month?

More
4 months 1 week ago #34893 by KentE

unbeknownst to me wrote: A question for those of you who have actually completed a full year on this free plan:
What happens on the 13th month?
Does every thing simply end or do you have to take specific action so that your credit card won't be billed "ongoing" at the regular rate beginning on the 13th month?

Doing nothing would be unwise. You will be converted, and billed for, something like $60 for the first line and $40 for each additional line on the same account. It's in the terms of service that you accept this.

You must either actively cancel the lines (and lose the associated numbers), or port out each number (which will automatically close each line ported out.) The paranoid folks definitely suggest porting out-- and I'm one of the paranoid folks when facing the possibility of $60/line.

To be clear, there is no long-term contract. You can cancel in month one, in the last month, or anywhere in between with no penalty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Isamorph, LiterallyUnlimited, unbeknownst to me

More
4 months 1 week ago #35158 by unbeknownst to me
The following user(s) said Thank You: KentE, jamielih, PEW