Sprint Free Year Promo End Date

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #20492 by Zubrin
FreedomPop LTE SIM numbers are considered landlines. It may take days to port to Sprint, just be patient.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21768 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
I guess last day for the promo is today.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21831 by jamielih
I managed to get my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 re-SKUed for postpaid this morning, & swapped it into my Sprint free 1 year unlimited account which had a Moto G4. Then, I used the Moto G4 to sign up for another free 1 year account. So nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chosen

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21876 by KentE

jamielih wrote: I managed to get my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 re-SKUed for postpaid this morning, & swapped it into my Sprint free 1 year unlimited account which had a Moto G4. Then, I used the Moto G4 to sign up for another free 1 year account. So nice.

Great!
My understanding is that anyone wanting to add an additional line to an account already set up for the Unlimited BYOP promo can do so, even if the promo is no longer 'live'. Once you have the plan, you can add additional lines (up to the number allowed by your credit check) through the life of the plan. (I've asked this twice of Sprint CS, and it's been confirmed both times.) The expiration date for any lines added will stay the same as the expiration date of your original line. (i.e., a new line added in month 6 of your plan will only get the reduced rate for 6 months.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamielih

• Logan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1 year 2 weeks ago #21894 by Logan
Replied by Logan on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
Promo extended to Apr 30 2019.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21895 by Chosen

jamielih wrote: I managed to get my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 re-SKUed for postpaid this morning

Could you please share how you went about this? I'm attempting to do the same thing with a Sprint Galaxy Note 4, haven't had any success yet :(

• Chelle
  • Chelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21902 by Chelle
A friend of mine talked to Sprint, yesterday, and it looks like they're extending the window for new sign ups.

I'm not sure by how much, yet.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21914 by KentE
A new signup today for the promo gets the promo rate thru April 30, 2019. (14 months.). As the last time they extended the offer, there is no official statement of how long the promo will be offered-- it just says "limited time offer".
The last extension said the same "limited time" availability, with a term ending 1/31/2019, and did remain available for activation through 1/31/2018. There's a good chance they'll keep the promo up through April 30, 2018, but Sprint could discontinue the offer at any time.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21915 by KentE
Maybe worth a mention: when I helped a friend sign up for the promo a few days ago, the CS agent offered an "add-on" BYO tablet line for $15/month-- it sounded like the same unlimited data plan as the phone offer.
No Sprint BYO tablet was available to use, but it sounded tempting for someone with the right desire and a Sprint-eligible tablet in hand........

When the agent was told that no Sprint-eligible tablet was owned by the customer, he pitched a new Sprint tablet that sounded like the final cost would be $25 for activation, and statement credits that would cancel out the monthly installment payments-- but with a 24 month contract. (Definitely not worth considering for this user.)

To be honest, I didn't listen to the fine details, but if one happens to have a inactive Sprint tablet laying around, it might be worth paying more attention.

• PEW
  • Telepathy
  • Telepathy
More
1 year 2 weeks ago #21942 by PEW
Replied by PEW on topic Sprint Free Year Promo End Date
Maybe they are trying to get back to #3.